Black Hills Corporation

www.blackhillscorp.com
  www.blackhillscorp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Black Hills Corporation

A good job, not a career opportunity

I have been working at Black Hills Corporation full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Dependent on your manager, can be a good flexible schedule for work/life balance, steady reliable company, good health benefits.

Cons

Raises are essentially cost of living-not a noticeable increase, promotions are few and far between, and generally only occur if someone leaves the company. Compensation is at the low-end for industry peers. Management is cliquish. Have heard of at least 4 initiatives to explore diversity and women's opportunities at the company but have never seen anything come out of it.

17 Other Employee Reviews for Black Hills Corporation (View Most Recent)

Big Talk, Little (if any) Follow through

I have been working at Black Hills Corporation full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good matching (401K), Nice people (co workers), Ok benefits and descent salary (for the mid-west)

Cons

Upper management is always looking out for the shareholders first and foremost. They talk a good game about better working conditions, safety etc... but when it comes down to putting out the $ its not so important then. I feel this company is one good cost cut away from a major safety issue or disaster.

Hire some employees, get up to date with technology and systems. Get a better IT department and fund them to bring us into the 21st century, make an effort to talk to and understand lower managements needs and employees needs, we do a good job for you.

A growing company with good people who want to make a positive difference in the communitities they work in.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rapid City, SD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rapid City, SD

I have been working at Black Hills Corporation

Pros

I believe there are lots of positives. Some of the highlights are great benefits, strong 401K match and company contribution, generous vacation, good salary level, and training. The company is very diversified which helps keep it stable through these tough times.

Cons

We all work hard here and cost cutting is always a priority...but I'd rather we be careful and frugal so we don't have layoffs or other negative surprises.

Keep it up...you're on the right track. It would be nice to see and talk with you in person more often.

There are newer employer reviews for Black Hills Corporation