Black Hills IP

www.blackhillsip.com
There are newer employer reviews for Black Hills IP

It could be better

I have been working at Black Hills IP

Pros

Flexible schedule, good way to get your foot in the IP industry

Cons

Pay not commensurate with workload and industry standards.

5 Other Employee Reviews for Black Hills IP (View Most Recent)

Disappointing

Current Employee - N/A in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - N/A in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Black Hills IP full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They offer very flexible hours

Cons

No room for advancement , non-competitive pay and low office morale .

I , along with others , was so excited to get hired here and thought it was a great opportunity . Little did we know that would change very quickly !
    It doesn't seem like any of the people that are supposed to be in charge actually know what they are doing . Management keeps complaining that they have no idea why there is such a huge employee turnover but it's very obvious ; they don't treat their employees very well . They can barely get anyone to stay longer than a year . The Rapid City office at least seems like they have a great morale and they get along well , but here in the Minneapolis office the morale is very low .
    The pay is embarrassing to say the least . The caseload that I and some of the others have is enormous but we get paid as if we're nothing more than office assistants when in fact we are doing paralegal work .
    The owner isn't ever around and has recently hired at least 3 people to do her job for her but I believe it's a little too late . A newly hired CEO isn't going to save this failing company unless they listen to the employees to find out what the real issues are .

The company is/was very unorganized while I was employed there.

I worked at Black Hills IP

Pros

Hours were flexible. The flex time benefit the company offered was appreciated.

Cons

I was employed at BHIP for over a year. The company boosted about all the clients they brought on but the pay was below average. The employees that wored there for over a year did not get raises. In fact, it's my understanding that the ones that did get raises were insulting. Management did not know how to manage nor did they know their responsibiblities and were unable to help their employees when they had quesions, most of the time. The company is very unstructed and went through three CEOs in one year. There is NO room for advancement!

No advice will help this company.

There are newer employer reviews for Black Hills IP