Black & Decker
www.bdk.com Towson, MD 5000+ Employees

Chaotic, reactive, poor internal disciplines, finger pointing environment

Marketing Manager (Current Employee)
Lake Forest, CA

ProsWhen you put Black & Decker on your resume it gets respect and attention. It is widely considered a blue-chip company. In lower positions, olike channel manager, you will have an opportunity to learn the ropes-- good training.

ConsIn terms of work environment, I understand that in the last couple of years it has improved but the turnover at the top has been a turnstyle-- incredible velocity of new players--none groomed for the job. Especially true in marketing, a highly-fractured department.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have no advice for management. I need to write 20 words here and I guess the only thing I can say is that "Black & Decker management" is something of an oxymoron.

Very Good

Project Engineer (Current Employee)
    Towson, MD

I have been working at Black & Decker

Pros: Encouraging and lively environment to work Cons: Exposure is not that great Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

FDP

Financial Development Program Associate (Former Employee)
    Towson, MD

I worked at Black & Decker

Pros: 1. Great products, great history 2. Culture of inclusiveness, politeness 3. Open door… Cons: 1. Can get too conservative (read history of acquisition by… Advice to Senior Management: 1. Be creative 2. Allow new talent to advise old guard 3.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Black & Decker.

Worked for Black & Decker? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Black & Decker reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Black & Decker CEO Nolan D. Archibald. All reviews posted anonymously by Black & Decker employees.