Black & Veatch
www.bv.com Leawood, KS 5000+ Employees

Big company makes you feel like a number

Lead Tech Tele Com (Current Employee)
Overland Park, KS

ProsOne of the number one engineering company

This is all based off of the telecom side

Cons1. Have people breathing down your back
2. Dont like you find stuff that is wrong for construction. "Said I'm out of my job line" thought that what im there to do is to find something wrong and adress it when I think its wrong.
I could go on for days about how messed up the telcom is.

3. They want you to be robots and they think if ur not in your seat your goofing off when your answering questions even knowning the high ups tell people to come see me. I still get in trouble for talking too much when im answering a work questions that need to be explain out.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind out what you employs are really doing befor make a big dession on things

Good compensation, but a company trying to solve global issues with local solutions.

HR Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Black & Veatch

Pros: Flexible work schedule. Good benefits. Good salaries. Cons: Not a lot of global compentence in leadership. Poor… Advice to Senior Management: Need to get leadership with global expertise. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Generally satisfied.

Project Controls (Current Employee)

I have been working at Black & Veatch

Pros: International presence and opportunities to work at international locations. Cons: Professionals are often labelled and those perceptions are hard to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Black & Veatch.

Worked for Black & Veatch? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Black & Veatch reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Black & Veatch CEO Steve Edwards. All reviews posted anonymously by Black & Veatch employees.