Moving in the WRONG direction

I have been working at Black & Veatch

Pros

Opportunities to move around and try different things
Work/Life balance in KC (not so much if you are on a field assignment)
Grass is not always greener on the other side (decent company)

Cons

-Promotions are only given after you fulfill the required time (years) - holds you back
-Blueprint - Performance Matrix system (Joke)
-HR - NO HELP - you will do your own HR
-Have to leave the company and come back to get a senior position or be at the company for 20 plus years
-Money hungry only worried about PGM (what ethics make more money)

We are an Engineering Firm stop trying to be something else

Other Reviews for Black & Veatch

engineers not valued

I have been working at Black & Veatch

Pros

I guess in this economy one should be happy to have a job...I would say that would be the only reason why it would be good to work for Black & Veatch...

Cons

Unethical management decisions when it comes to promotion, layoffs, etc. Very hard to get promoted...limited opportunities. Management very poor at sharing information.

Change the BS culture so we can do our jobs better and be competitive...The much older engineers should go retire it's time to rejuvenate the company.

Support Function very disappointing

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Mumbai (India)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

I have been working at Black & Veatch

Pros

Director of mumbai is office is really very nice person and is very suportive to employees, Entire leadership team is very cooperative and working towards common goal. there is not much of office politics. Things are more or less transparent on technical side

Cons

Various policies in BVCLP are were very good before modifications made to it by HR admin and Finance departments, they used to give maximum benefits to employees. Now supports try to push some very rigid and impractical policies on employees and they are not ready to listen to any one the worst part is they are not covered under supervision of Director of mumbai who is really a very good and cooperative person. They are deteriorating the culture of mumbai office. First of all they have employed so many people in their department still they out source all the work to other vendors, and they act as if they are working for vendors and not for employees.

Please have control on HR, Finance and admin in mumbai office itself, try to have employee friendly policies and have a look at prevailing policies in competitive companies. Initially BVCPL had advantage of higher salary over other competitors but now that is not the case so if the culture is spoiled then office will loose good staff to its competitors. Believe me only good people will leave as they are always in demand and average and below average will stay this will bring down overall quality and productivity of office

There are newer employer reviews for Black & Veatch.

Worked for Black & Veatch? Contribute to the Community!