BlackBerry
www.blackberry.com Waterloo, Canada 5000+ Employees

Great company to work for but is in uncertain times at this time

Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

I have been working at BlackBerry full-time for more than 5 years

ProsWell known brand, great autonomy for managers that are interested in achieving and progressing their team, scope to add and implement your ideas, clear recognition for good efforts, not so beurocratic, dynamic work experience, friendly approachable people, good salary.

ConsUncertainties/insecurity of the company during the recent transition period,
Management has been lacking accountability.
I get a feeling that quite a few people are not sufficiently qualified/experienced for their roles and making up as they go along, while others have to work harder to fill the gap.

Advice to Senior ManagementSet clear accountabilities for management and hold them to it. Foster and reward innovation in every department.

Great company overall

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at BlackBerry full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: - Managers and Executives are supportive of you and back you up - Challenging and… Cons: - At times, too much process overhead (to keep to ISO standards) -… Advice to Senior Management: - Work to keep innovation going and align your organizations… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Research In Motion has been good employer

I have been working at BlackBerry

Pros: Environment is friendly, relaxed & co-operative. Cons: Could be faster, more transparent and competitive. More

There are newer reviews on BlackBerry.

Worked for BlackBerry? Contribute to the Community!

BlackBerry – Why Work for Us?

Be Bold. Be Passionate. Be Creative Be Bold is our philosophy. At BlackBerry, you can push the boundaries and you can rewrite the rules. Innovation is rewarded and you’ll know that the people you work with all share… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BlackBerry reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BlackBerry CEO John Chen. All reviews posted anonymously by BlackBerry employees.