There are newer employer reviews for BlackBerry

Satisfied overall, can't blame the company as a whole for the faults of a few

Current Employee - Software Developer  in  Waterloo, ON (Canada)
Current Employee - Software Developer in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I have been working at BlackBerry full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It once was an incredible place to work. Fast paced, brilliant talents all across the company. A great learning experience, and rest assured, there is never a dull day in the mobile industry. This market has grown exponentially, and will not be slowing down anytime soon.

I found that the people around me were great. Everyone was keen on doing their job and getting things done. The atmosphere and culture was great (prior to the great fall of the company).

Cons

As mentioned, the company went into a nose dive - which is the reason why atmosphere and culture became dreary.

People confide in their leaders, and ours dropped the ball completely. It's a shame really, we accomplished many things.

We may have lost the battle, but the war is still ongoing. Here's to hoping for success in the future!

Learn from your mistakes. Let the "lesser" employees give input; if you listen to them, you can succeed.

1104 Other Employee Reviews for BlackBerry (View Most Recent)

A great place to contribute to Mobile Technology

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Waterloo, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I have been working at BlackBerry full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Latest technologies. Many new product innovations, trials, platforms to test waters with.

Cons

Instability, incompetence. Lack of future out look. Many decisions and change very fast. Much work sometimes goes ununsed

Management is trying their best to solve problems.

A great company full of innovative and driven people who are passionate to seeing that it succeeds

I have been working at BlackBerry

Pros

Rewarding work environment, great internal communication, fair to good perks, free BlackBerry, internal development and promotion opportunities, unique situations to build your resume that you may not find in other companies, and a great opportunity for those looking to make a difference in their workplace and to represent a great Canadian brand.

Cons

The restructuring changes, but should soon be completed.

There are newer employer reviews for BlackBerry

Worked for BlackBerry? Contribute to the Community!