BlackRock
www.blackrock.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Please hire more people before noone is left. BlackRock is a rich and growing company but force people to work 24x7.

Wilmington, DE

I have been working at BlackRock

ProsMy team is very bright and dedicated. But we are severely understaffed and doing the work of teams twice the size. I do like and respect my colleagues in all of the IT teams, but sadly I can not say the same for senior leadership. BlackRock is a global company and a respected name which is good for longer term career.

ConsBullying substitutes real leadership, and the average employee is not respected by senior management. We are not treated as important contributors who can improve things if given the opportunity, but as zombies who must get the work done at all costs. There are many talented individuals here wasting their expertise on mindless activities. I dont understand why a rich company like BlackRock will not invest in technology to streamline work. We are told that technology is the backbone of the company but it is not evident in how IT prodessionals are treated. Morale unfortunately is very low. It is expected that everyone work many days straight in the office with no time off and late nights, weekends and holidays are demanded. There is pressure to take no personal or sick time off and it is frowned upon to even eat lunch away from your desk. There is no respect for having a life or responsibilities outside of work. I wish I could find more satisfaction because the company is strong and growing. But the personal cost is too great for me to continue much longer.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe are not stupid. We know that there are many people making large money at BlackRock. Please redirect some of that money to hiring enough people.

Things are improving!

Vice President (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I have been working at BlackRock

Pros: ability to have an impact and create a larger and… Cons: roadblocks remain on being innovative Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

A good place to work with life and work balance

Vice President (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at BlackRock

Pros: BlackRock has a friendly working environment. Given the rapid growth… Cons: I think BlackRock provides relatively lower compensations to the employees. And when it gets bigger… Advice to Senior Management: Good leadership and they are willing to provide employees what… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on BlackRock.

Worked for BlackRock? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BlackRock reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BlackRock CEO Laurence D. Fink. All reviews posted anonymously by BlackRock employees.