BlackRock
www.blackrock.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Great for your resume, horrible for your personal life

Associate (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I have been working at BlackRock full-time for more than a year

ProsVery well respected company within the industry with a fantastic breadth of resources available for choice projects.

ConsAdvancement is based purely on time spent at the company and has no connection to performance, skill sets or achievements within the company. If you are below Director level you will be treated with complete disdain as if you are an inferior human being to the Directors and above.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou can't live off of kids straight out of college who don't know that this is not what wit's like working elsewhere. Advancing people based only on their time with the company rewards those who keep their head down and avoid innovation while you push out those who would challenge the status quo and provide true, effective, long-term solutions that won't have to be fixed again down the road.

BGI/BLK

I have been working at BlackRock full-time

Pros: Great benefits, great to have on resume Cons: Too much red tape, not as generous as BGI Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good First Job, But Not Great

Fixed Income Analyst (Former Employee)
Plainsboro, NJ

I worked at BlackRock full-time for more than a year

Pros: It's one of the best financial companies in the biz. While it's Pretty cool to work with the top fund and… Cons: Not very innovative and way too old school for me Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on BlackRock.

Worked for BlackRock? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BlackRock reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BlackRock CEO Laurence D. Fink. All reviews posted anonymously by BlackRock employees.