There are newer employer reviews for BlackRock

Muddled Strategy, poor communication, but great people

Former Employee - Analyst in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I worked at BlackRock full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Your co-workers are awesome, willing to help and you can learn alot and move throughout the company. Great bonuses.

Cons

Seems as though focus is constantly being shifted and there's poor communication between upper management and employees. If we're not aware of what the overall goals are how can we work to that end?

Engage your employees more, increase communication and make the promotion process more transparent. Currently the best way to move up is to just switch departments, you're losing that knowledge/experience.

reviews filtered by
  1. black rock was had a great culture

I worked at BlackRock

Pros

I can’t say enough about the unique business structure. Working on hourly projects suck; you have no flexibility on the amount of time you spend on a task and are always have to worry about billing enough hours to make it profitable, not enough hours to get the job done right. Consequently, you end up having to work those long hours just to make you revenue goals. Contingent projects give you the freedom to do the best job in how every many hours it takes you to do it. I never have to worry if I’m spending too little or too much time on a task.
    Overall, I don’t know of any other company in our space or in another industry that offers such flexibility, generous incentive bonuses, and unique business structure.

Cons

Not all managers are created equally. There is little oversight on how managers implement stuff or the incentive bonuses, so you can end up with a bad manager and everything I said above would not apply.

other teams that can't utilize stuff at all because of their manager. So, I would provide a survey to team members to rate their manager's adherance to stuff and provide an incentive to mangers rated high and/or help for managers who are rated low.

2. Very good learning experience in the corporate world.

Current Employee - Associate in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Associate in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at BlackRock full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

World's largest recognized asset manager

Cons

Large company, was not able to work on many projects.

There are newer employer reviews for BlackRock