BlackRock
www.blackrock.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Muddled Strategy, poor communication, but great people

Analyst (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

ProsYour co-workers are awesome, willing to help and you can learn alot and move throughout the company. Great bonuses.

ConsSeems as though focus is constantly being shifted and there's poor communication between upper management and employees. If we're not aware of what the overall goals are how can we work to that end?

Advice to Senior ManagementEngage your employees more, increase communication and make the promotion process more transparent. Currently the best way to move up is to just switch departments, you're losing that knowledge/experience.

Top 5 places to work for out of school in Finance

Analyst (Current Employee)
    Wilmington, DE

I have been working at BlackRock full-time for more than a year

Pros: I would consider this one of the better firms to work for right out of school. The pay is in the upper range (for doing… Cons: Generic long hours but to be honest it's nothing to complain about..if you are working in finance at a tier firm you will be… Advice to Senior Management: hire more attractive women Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

black rock was had a great culture

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at BlackRock

Pros: I can’t say enough about the unique business structure. Working on hourly projects suck; you have no flexibility on the amount of time you spend… Cons: Not all managers are created equally. There is little oversight on how managers implement stuff or the incentive… Advice to Senior Management: other teams that can't utilize stuff at all because of their manager. So, I would provide a survey to team members to… More
There are newer reviews on BlackRock.

Worked for BlackRock? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BlackRock reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BlackRock CEO Laurence D. Fink. All reviews posted anonymously by BlackRock employees.