There are newer employer reviews for BlackRock

BLK

Former Employee - Associate  in  San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Associate in San Francisco, CA

I worked at BlackRock full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

normal working hours, few global calls, company is located in the financial district downtown SF. Always something happening around the area.

Cons

professional development is limited if you're not in sales. Pretty siloed into your own org and work.

Keep an eye on your talent - if you don't, others will

628 Other Employee Reviews for BlackRock (View Most Recent)

Worst corporate experience in my 13+ years within finance

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY

I have been working at BlackRock full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Other than benefits, there really isn't anything positive I can say about this company.

Cons

Lack of any real core management. Extremely political organization. Senior Managers act like high school students who gossip all day and speak badly about their staff. They often praise the slackers and chastise the hard workers which makes absolutely no sense. If you do not small talk with them you are interpreted as not being a team player. They have a "clique" formed and it's very clear they have favorites. Nothing is EVER kept confidential. Once you bring an issue to your dept HR rep they in turn call your manager immediately and gossip about the situation rather than actually representing HUMAN RESOURCES. They buddy up with your managers and are chummy to one another so you employees are either left to deal with the situation themselves by “leaving” or you are told to “develop a backbone”.

I've heard things spoken about other employees within the dept that one should NEVER hear. But again, lack of confidentiality and real management. Since I've been here I've yet to meet someone that is truly happy or satisfied. Moral is extremely low as staff is overworked to the bones. I refuse for any job to make me feel like I should brown nose in order to get recognized. I'm a hard worker and a team player who efficiently works.

This organization is completely unprofessional. The brand holds more weight than needed. Technology is not up to par due to the constant growth but I’d deal with slow technology than idiotic managers who seem to have no real experience.

Take "how to be an efficient manager" courses.
    Learn how to be a leader and lead by example.
    Pay attention to your model employees and stop praising the slackers.

really bad culture

I worked at BlackRock

Pros

global footprint may be a plus

Cons

really bad, top heavy management.

There are newer employer reviews for BlackRock

Worked for BlackRock? Contribute to the Community!