BlackRock

www.blackrock.com
  www.blackrock.com
There are newer employer reviews for BlackRock

Great place to start my career

Former Employee - Associate in New York, NY
Former Employee - Associate in New York, NY

I worked at BlackRock full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I joined BlackRock right out of college and found it was an ideal place to start my career. The CEO and management team were highly respected which has profound affects on the culture from the top down. While it was not quite as relaxed as the San Francisco office, I found solid work life balance.

Cons

BlackRock shares many of the same issues that all businesses of its size face - some slow decision making or lack of oversight.

I would have appreciated more opportunities to network and meet others within the company. I also would have liked more mentorship outside of my direct boss and group.

682 Other Employee Reviews for BlackRock (View Most Recent)

Analyst

I worked at BlackRock full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Blue Chip Name, Great work and people

Cons

work-life balance, management can be hard

Nothing

Toxic culture... stay far, far away.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at BlackRock as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Good compensation, convenient location. I'm sorry that nothing else positive comes to mind but I have to write a twenty word minimum.

Cons

BlackRock is constantly hiring because no one with marketable skills stays longer than a year or two. The culture is completely toxic. BlackRock has grown through mergers much too fast without paying any attention to culture and positive assimilation of acquired populations, so the factional infighting and blame-shifting is the worst I have ever seen. This place is just one giant back-stabbing, mud-slinging, food fight all the time. Stay far, far away if you are a creative, innovative, results-oriented person who likes to get things done. Deeply ingrown old-timers here make careers out of being an obstacle to block change to protect their own jobs - and it works.

It's time to make some painful decisions about finishing functional consolidation and eliminating dysfunctional legacy populations that are working against the organization's goals.

There are newer employer reviews for BlackRock