BlackRock

www.blackrock.com

Many talented people, given many hurdles

Vice President (Current Employee) Wilmington, DE

ProsFor top performers, the money the money is good, and there are a good number of top performers and talented people. Opportunity to work on some game changing initiatives even at a junior level.

ConsBureaucracy is stifling. Solve something in an afternoon, and spend 3 years on a roadshow getting everyone and their mother to sign on an commit resources. Talent pool quality has dipped quite a bit over the last 3-5 years, and the culture of excellence has become one of "mediocrity then move one".

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's easy for a soldier to feel like a patriot during battle, but they need to feel that way when peeling potatoes at well. Need to emphasize across the firm that the day to day is just as important to the business as important big ticket events.

Good lessons in corporate politics

Vice President (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

I have been working at BlackRock full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Competitive compensation package, great company reputation, excellent on resume. Cons: Disadvantaged working from west coast. NY and NJ offices get face time with senior management, get recognized, get promoted faster. Much easier to get hired… Advice to Senior Management: Stop the lies about making management a priority. If you truly believe that, then implement 360-degree reviews. There is too much crap at… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Been here about 10 years, and have seen the buddy system in effect the whole time

Sales (Current Employee) Princeton, NJ

I have been working at BlackRock full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Very well respected industry name. Strong analytics. Large… Cons: Very little upward mobility. Very little work reward for a job well done. Buddy system is how… Advice to Senior Management: Stop cutting comp year after year while paying yourselves outrageous bonuses off the work of others. Nobody in middle management sells anything or manages… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on BlackRock.

Worked for BlackRock? Contribute to the Community!