Demoralizing, below market pay, management is obsessed with bean counting

I worked at Blackbaud

Pros

-Wonderful colleagues
-Opportunity to do volunteer work
-Option to work from home

Cons

- Very low morale amongst employees
- Bottom-line obsessed; overly reliant on outsourcing; compensation is below market
- Very micromanaging; prepare to spend more time talking about what you do than you spend actually doing it

You are over-managing and wasting resources. Cut your middle management. You are driving away your best talent.

Other Reviews for Blackbaud

Great people, mission and work. Under market pay and Senior Management nightmare

I have been working at Blackbaud

Pros

Supportive supervisors/direct line managers. Interesting work and ever changing technologies. Opportunity to work with non-profits and to help them do their work better. Plenty of opportunities to take on new challenges and responsibilities to build your experience level.

Cons

Very low salaries. The company over-relys on college new hires and outsourcing to keep costs low. Experience and longevity are not rewarded or valued. You have to move up quick or risk being totally stagnant. Senior leadership get in the way of actual work. Frustrating to see the same issues reoccur year after year, suggest changes and have solutions hit the trash heap in a political nightmare.

Invest in your people and keep smart, talented people there, rather then losing them to competitors. Our intellectual capital is our biggest resource, yet we don't communicate across silos or practice what we preach in our own key business systems. Non-profits care that we know who they are. How can a college new hire understand those nuances?

Good company but expects a lot of its employees

I worked at Blackbaud

Pros

great clients to work with - it is what makes working for the company worthwhile
    onsite amenities
    pay is good for the area
    smart coworkers, environment can be fun.

Cons

while the pay is good you are expected to put in a lot of hours in most positions to earn that salary!

provide feedback outside of just the mandatory evaluations. consider cutting some of the layers of you management, it is quite excessive

There are newer employer reviews for Blackbaud.

Worked for Blackbaud? Contribute to the Community!