Blackbaud

www.blackbaud.com
  www.blackbaud.com
There are newer employer reviews for Blackbaud

It has been a very rewarding 8+ years at the Baud!!

Current Employee - Sales Operations in London, England (UK)
Current Employee - Sales Operations in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Blackbaud

Pros

great clients, great solution, great atmosphere.

Cons

they have been a big fish in a small market and so they are resting on the past. Need to get ahead of the trends.

Be more proactive and not reactive.

255 Other Employee Reviews for Blackbaud (View Most Recent)

The company priorities are way off

Current Employee - Consulting Manager
    Current Employee - Consulting Manager

I have been working at Blackbaud

Pros

Blackbaud has some really great employees. I actually really love 99% of my daily interactions. The people of Blackbaud really make my day.
    The products are reasonably useful despite their financial burden to the client.
    My favorite part about working at Blackbaud is our clients. I have visited some of the most extraordinary non-profits. At times, my onsite relationship frankly makes me proud to do what I do.

Cons

Compared to the rest of the industry, Blackbaud’s compensation package is a joke. Despite my constant nagging to upper management, my employees receive sub-par salary increases compounded with ridiculously low starting salaries. Interviewees are originally baited with large bonus payouts. However, these payouts are exorbitantly taxed. When I need to hire a new employee, 10+% decline mid-interview due to our lower starting salary range. And these are kids right out of college!
    Blackbaud has lost its customer/employee focus. In the past 8-10 years, everything has changed. Upper management seems only concerned with their personal portfolios and company stock prices, which is reflected in every move they make. I can't describe how frustrating this ongoing issue has become and it makes me sick to my stomach.

Stop making policy based on your stock portfolio and instead make policy for the good of the company. We have some great/deserving employees who are just waiting for you to make the slightest positive customer/employee changes. It blows my mind that we gave up raises for a year, but are spending millions on acquiring our competition.
    Our focus needs to be less revenue driven and more customer/employee satisfaction driven.

Demoralizing, below market pay, management is obsessed with bean counting

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Blackbaud

Pros

-Wonderful colleagues
    -Opportunity to do volunteer work
    -Option to work from home

Cons

- Very low morale amongst employees
    - Bottom-line obsessed; overly reliant on outsourcing; compensation is below market
    - Very micromanaging; prepare to spend more time talking about what you do than you spend actually doing it

You are over-managing and wasting resources. Cut your middle management. You are driving away your best talent.

There are newer employer reviews for Blackbaud