Quality Assurance Analyst Level 1

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst  in  Charleston, SC
Former Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Charleston, SC

I worked at Blackbaud full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good place to work in the Charleston Area.

Cons

Moving up positions fast is not a option

Other Reviews for Blackbaud

Very good place to work. I do recommend it.

Current Employee - Solutions Consultant  in  Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Blackbaud full-time for more than a year

Pros

Location, culture and overall impact of our work makes BB a great place to be. Great people (that IS what makes us great, after all) and excellent work/life balance.

Cons

Some jobs and roles are under-valued and under-paid compared against industry standards. For those in these roles, it can prevent BB from being a GREAT place to work. There has been some recent attrition - mainly due to comp or simply looking for a new challenge. The grass is always greener, right?

The Products department has some serious issues these days....

I have been working at Blackbaud full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- I very much enjoy the individuals that I work with and the non profit organizations that we serve.
    - My manager, for the most part, trusts me to do what I need to do (and to do it well) without micro-managing.
    - PTO is better than most companies in the area.
    - The CEO is very transparent. I've always liked Marc. He's the only CEO at Blackbaud that I honestly can say that about.

Cons

It's very easy to become stagnant in personal and professional growth in the Products department. Blackbaud creates a variety of internal tools that are similar to those that are listed in job descriptions for progressive software companies. I haven't received any hands on experience with standard industry tools, preventing employees from growing and being competitive in the job market.

Blackbaud invests in their engineers, but not in any other roles in the Products department. There are no clear career paths for growth. There's a lack of follow through and everyone accepts the status quo. Yet everyone wonders why there is no innovation.

Lots of favoritism. The same handful of individuals are recognized and everyone else is overlooked.

Be prepared for re-organization every 6 months to a year.

The pressure is on to deliver more than what seems possible sometimes. Sales and Product Management run the show. Everyone else's opinions are secondary.

Invest and value your people. Otherwise, they will continue to walk out the door as more progressive companies become more alluring.

There are newer employer reviews for Blackbaud.

Worked for Blackbaud? Contribute to the Community!