There are newer employer reviews for Blackbaud

Great Experience so far

Current Employee - IT Sourcer in Austin, TX
Current Employee - IT Sourcer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Blackbaud full-time (less than a year)

Pros

-Great hours. I typically get here around 9 and leave around 4:30, no questions asked
-Absolutely no weekend work. This is the first company I've worked for that the office shuts down. I get very few emails over the weekend to my phone.
-Great culture. The folks here are like family. We do company outings regularly. For the most part most of the company are good friends. There are office sports and office cook offs
-SERVING THE COMMUNITY. When you have a bad day at work, it's nice to remember what we are all here for. We do what we do to help our customers accomplish their missions
-Management. I personally have a great relationship with my manager and feel comfortable speaking with any level of management.
-Pay. I personally am paid right around market price and receive a bonus based on performance. With the flexible work hours and benefits, I think it's more than competitive.

From what I can gather in my 3+ months here, there are a lot of steps being put into place to rebuild this company and make it greater than ever.

Cons

Bumpy acquisition, that is finally now settling down

Keep rewarding the little guys. It pays off.

reviews filtered by
  1. Best company for which I've ever worked

Current Employee - Internet Solutions Consultant in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Internet Solutions Consultant in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Blackbaud full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You don't have a thankless job

Cons

The services side is extremely numbers-focused, at times to a fault.

Keep the human side very visible, and the employees won't need to be pushed to please.

Do not believe the positive reviews.

I have been working at Blackbaud full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

What employees are left from the company I work for that was acquired by Blackbaud are some of the greatest people I've ever worked with. The ability to wear your casual t-shirts and jeans/shorts is the only thing that might keep me from going bonkers.

Cons

This company has some pretty amazing thoughts about their place in the world and how they treat their customers and employees. They hang propaganda all around the building about how we own the experience and how we are what makes them great. That's only half true. We do own experiences as if you are left to your own devices to make every customer happy, but if you fail, even after being coached to take chances to make customers happy, you are basically treated like you are a leper.
    The upper management tends to have no idea what the common employees want, who they are, or what makes them tick. They are also vindictive. If you go against them, or go outside the chain of command to get something done, you might as well go ahead and put your head on the chopping block yourself because they are already planning how to get rid of you.
    They are so concerned about how to bring in more money, but have no solid ideas how to do that. They hold incredibly boring all company meetings to tell us how we are going to make more money, but talk in riddles and metaphors and give us nothing more on how we are going to make that money. They also have no idea what their products are and why they were successful before being assimilated into the Blackbaud "family".
    What they do care a GREAT deal about is their own image as a company. They do everything they can to appear like a great citizen of the country while offering no raises for 3 of the past 4 years (blaming an economy they had no solid evidence would affect our industry), and dismantle the companies they purchase and put people in the unemployment lines. That's real great citizenship. Speaking of image, notice how all the positive reviews seem to all say the same thing? That would likely be because for every negative they receive on this site, they counter with five positives. I'm so certain they do that I would bet a billion dollars on it.
    Avoid this company unless you want to work until you can barely stand, always be blamed when things are not right, and have no desire to work your way out of an entry level position. Plus, they will slap you with a non-compete clause that will limit the entry level people from finding other jobs if they decide those things that went wrong warranted you being sent to the unemployment line.

Treat your employees like the human beings they are doing what they can to make a living for themselves. Don't treat them like they are the gum stuck to the bottom of your shoes.

There are newer employer reviews for Blackbaud