There are newer employer reviews for Blackbaud

Working in development has been great

Current Employee - Software Engineer II in Charleston, SC
Current Employee - Software Engineer II in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Blackbaud full-time (more than an year)

Pros

* As a Software Engineer, I have had nothing but good experiences with my coworkers, managers, and overall compensation.
* The pay and benefits are above what I was expecting as a first time career level job right out of college.
* I have never been pressured to work overtime or on weekends (and even had a manager tell me not to because time off makes for more productive work time overall)
* Regular times scheduled with my immediate manager to ask how I am feeling about my position and work overall, and they are willing to work with me if I ever feel like I'm in a slump or don't enjoy what I am doing.

Cons

* Outside of development, I have heard some horror stories. I can't address these directly since I have not experienced them, but specifically from the Support division, I know some people who say it's been almost the exact opposite of my own experience.

Keep doing what you are doing for developers, but realize that the people in support are just as important.

243 Other Employee Reviews for Blackbaud (View Most Recent)

Leadership?

Current Employee - Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Blackbaud full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Checks don't bounce. Parking is okay.

Cons

Benefits are limited. Executive Leadership management communications is corporate speak gobbledygook -- meaningless, frustrating, and at times downright insulting. There may be good individual leaders at Blackbaud. However, it does appear that as a group, a few things are true about the Executive Leadership Team. There is no emphasis on product quality, customer satisfaction, or employee satisfaction. The rule of the day is company politics. Many stupid corporate management decisions are in play every day. Hundreds of thousands of dollars are being wasted on a regular basis.

Seriously, get a clue.

Quickly going downhill

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Blackbaud full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people I worked with were great people.

Cons

Management will consistently ask the engineers for advice on how to proceed in a project, then disregard that advice and go their own way. In addition, changes are often pushed to production systems without testing.

Create test environments, spur and encourage innovation, and USE the advice of the engineers. They know more about these technologies than you.

There are newer employer reviews for Blackbaud