There are newer employer reviews for Blackbaud

Working in development has been great

Current Employee - Software Engineer II  in  Charleston, SC
Current Employee - Software Engineer II in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Blackbaud full-time for more than a year

Pros

* As a Software Engineer, I have had nothing but good experiences with my coworkers, managers, and overall compensation.
* The pay and benefits are above what I was expecting as a first time career level job right out of college.
* I have never been pressured to work overtime or on weekends (and even had a manager tell me not to because time off makes for more productive work time overall)
* Regular times scheduled with my immediate manager to ask how I am feeling about my position and work overall, and they are willing to work with me if I ever feel like I'm in a slump or don't enjoy what I am doing.

Cons

* Outside of development, I have heard some horror stories. I can't address these directly since I have not experienced them, but specifically from the Support division, I know some people who say it's been almost the exact opposite of my own experience.

Keep doing what you are doing for developers, but realize that the people in support are just as important.

234 Other Employee Reviews for Blackbaud (View Most Recent)

Grow Professionally and Give Back at the Same Time - How many employers offer that?

Current Employee - Sales  in  Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Sales in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Blackbaud full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Professional atmosphere surrounded by people that care about the space (non profits)
    Charleston, SC (Beaches, Food, Weather, No traffic)
    A view of the water from the office
    Great products that set the standard within the industry
    A 30+ year track record of success
    A single minded focus on the non profit space
    A great place to raise a family
    A philanthropic culture within the organization
    The leader in the space

Cons

Senior Leadership Gaps
    Products need technology update
    Large enough to be slow to act, small enough to get hurt by it
    Lack of innovation in some areas
    Lack of internal investment in some areas

Reinvest
    Company has a VERY bright future -- but needs a trans formative leader that can drive innovation and reinvestment for LONG TERM growth

Decent stepping stone, but don't drink the koolaid

Former Employee - Senior Support Engineer  in  Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Senior Support Engineer in Charleston, SC

I worked at Blackbaud full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Willing to hire inexperienced people. Good environment for networking. Good place to build new skills if you're a self-motivated learner.

Cons

Low pay. Long hours. Lack of respect for employees. They talk a good game, but their actions say something completely different. They squeeze employees for everything they can get and find reasons not to give raises. They also are pretty underhanded with their customer. Customer are nickle and dimes and lied to to make sales, which results in a lot of angry phone calls.

Treat your employees better or the brain drain will never end. Follow through on the talk, or you just end up with disenfranchised employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Blackbaud

Worked for Blackbaud? Contribute to the Community!