Blackbaud

There are newer employer reviews for Blackbaud

Some good, some bad.

Current Employee - Consulting Manager in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Consulting Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Blackbaud full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Enjoy working with companies that are in existence for the "greater good".

Cons

General lack of direction and strategy

267 Other Employee Reviews for Blackbaud (View Most Recent)

Blackbaud always tries to do what is right for our customers

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Blackbaud full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Our entire company shares a deep passion for our nonprofit customers' causes. We enjoy a very respectful and open work environment, and have fun. Our main offices are in great cities. We are continually improving our internal operations, processes, and systems.

Cons

Sometimes working for a larger company (large for the space we work in, anyway) can mean needing to be patient to get good ideas heard and acted upon, building consensus can be challenging. But our executive team are good listeners and open minded about recommendations for change

Keep listening to those great ideas and helping us improve our business.

Working in development has been great

Current Employee - Software Engineer II in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Software Engineer II in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Blackbaud full-time (more than a year)

Pros

* As a Software Engineer, I have had nothing but good experiences with my coworkers, managers, and overall compensation.
    * The pay and benefits are above what I was expecting as a first time career level job right out of college.
    * I have never been pressured to work overtime or on weekends (and even had a manager tell me not to because time off makes for more productive work time overall)
    * Regular times scheduled with my immediate manager to ask how I am feeling about my position and work overall, and they are willing to work with me if I ever feel like I'm in a slump or don't enjoy what I am doing.

Cons

* Outside of development, I have heard some horror stories. I can't address these directly since I have not experienced them, but specifically from the Support division, I know some people who say it's been almost the exact opposite of my own experience.

Keep doing what you are doing for developers, but realize that the people in support are just as important.

There are newer employer reviews for Blackbaud