Blackbaud

www.blackbaud.com

A great disappointment

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsBenefits are fantastic. 401k and Insurance. Office location is great in the N. Austin area, easy access to the transit system.

ConsAmbitions are there but fail to implement. New hires in Austin within various departments offer input to change the past negative culture. This was encouraged as they finally consolidated positions after years of acquisitions. When suggestions to improve processes and policies team member were litterally laughed at or simply ignored.

Also, training is offerred but there is a lack of documentation on what they want so when someone messses up or makes a simple mistake they can easily criticize ones work or even a department. After months of following a 'trained' process my manager retracts what was said and finally offers more details to what is needed. It is until this manager is in the hot seat that we are throne under the bus with a mass email on what we are doing wrong. This is constant and frustrating as we are simply trying to do our job the 'right' way but when misled for weeks to months it is greatly discouraging.

Tools are far outdated by at least 10 years and implementation of a new monitoring tool stalled.

For an IT company people in other locations hate being bothered off hours or on weekends. My question is didn't these people choose their career? If you don't like it move onto another company and let everyone else get back to work and help the client.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat I see with bad reviews is constant. 'Listen to your employees', this is typicaly but very true. So, listen to your employees as this past year Blackbaud employeed various people from many different companies that offer great ideas to move on, to make things better.

Get rid of your outdated tools sooner than 4-5 years. Come up with a 1 year plan to rid the company of outdate processes, lack of documentation and software tools.

Get it through your teams that they chose this profession and if they are uncomfortable with being contacted off hours or on weekends this is not a home for them.

Everchanging for good and bad

Sales (Former Employee) Charleston, SC

I worked at Blackbaud full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: dedicated to sales. there was mobility within the org, which… Cons: lack of loyalty. sometimes sales goals far outweighed the… Advice to Senior Management: clean house. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Experience depends on which department you are in and organizational communication is terrible.

Intern (Current Employee) Austin, TX

I have been working at Blackbaud as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Good people, happy hours, nice office. Cons: Worst organizational communication I've ever been a part of. Advice to Senior Management: Figure out what is going on in your company. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Blackbaud.

Worked for Blackbaud? Contribute to the Community!