There are newer employer reviews for Blackbaud

Fantastic culture/ Frustrating resistance to change and growth

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Blackbaud full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The culture of this company is fantastic. The people here are wonderful, helpful, inclusive, and knowledgeable. The office is very nice and in a great location. I enjoy my co-workers and coming into work every day.

Cons

While the company is making major transitions, communication/training/troubleshooting/reorganizing effectively is a mess. The training for new hires is a joke, and so is continual training within departments or teams.

Provide more comprehensive training to new hires and better continual training.

reviews filtered by

Run far and run fast from this place!!

Current Employee - Customer Support Analyst in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Customer Support Analyst in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Blackbaud full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great co-works, some of the best and fun people I have ever met, nice building with gym and locker rooms, cafeteria and breakrooms with free coffee and plenty of refrigerators for food. Lots of social events that Blackbaud hosts for employees to get together.

Cons

Used to be able to drink on Fridays but due to insurance reasons that is probited now.
    Very bad, ineffective, weak immediate team managers. No leadership skills or backbone. So afraid of upper managment and customers that they will not take a stand a stand and backup their employees on anything, cases, new ideas, areas for improvement or assisting with progressions and career advancement.
    LIttle if any documentation on internal processes like progressions, or working cases or issues, you are left to figure a lot out on your own.
    LIttle training when you first start, you are left on your own.
    Unrealistic goals that you have to meet for progressions to another level on your team like project time, expensive certifications, continued education. Management does not explain to you how to advance in your own team or others, you are left to networking to figure this out. Team managers do not encourage people to advance, they try to keep them on their current team.
    There is an 18 month time comittment when you get hired as a new employee to Blackbaud support, which means you cannot advance to another team until the end of that time. This is not written in your employment offer letter, this is told to you verbally after you start, which is very deceiving.
    High work load, low pay, no recognition, only for negative things.

Really listen to what employees are saying, not just pay lip service. Actually follow through and do what the employees want, and give them what they need: money, advancement, progression, strong managers, and recognition.

The people are great

I have been working at Blackbaud full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people! I like the people I work with. Everyone gets along and has fun getting work done. Good work life balance. I love what we do for the non-profit world.

Cons

Old school management. The executive team isn't open to new ideas or better ways of doing things. Benefits are horrible...low pay, bad health benefits, poor raises even if you consistently have great annual reviews.

There are newer employer reviews for Blackbaud