There are newer employer reviews for Blackbaud

Will finish my career here

Current Employee - Product Support Lead in Charleston, SC
Current Employee - Product Support Lead in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Blackbaud full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent opportunities for advancement and management takes career planning seriously.

Cons

Traffic sucks coming or going. Building is dirty and needs interior renovations.

Bring back meaningful merit raises.

243 Other Employee Reviews for Blackbaud (View Most Recent)

Fantastic culture/ Frustrating resistance to change and growth

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Blackbaud full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The culture of this company is fantastic. The people here are wonderful, helpful, inclusive, and knowledgeable. The office is very nice and in a great location. I enjoy my co-workers and coming into work every day.

Cons

While the company is making major transitions, communication/training/troubleshooting/reorganizing effectively is a mess. The training for new hires is a joke, and so is continual training within departments or teams.

Provide more comprehensive training to new hires and better continual training.

Old school culture compared to other high tech Austin companies

I worked at Blackbaud full-time

Pros

Most of the individual contributors working at Blackbaud do care about the NPO community and want to make a difference with innovative technologies. The Austin office is a great location (Domain), and your job satisfaction is heavily dependent on the specific unit you work within and who you work for.

Cons

Blackbaud is very Charleston-centeric; if in a leadership role, it is very difficult to be effective from Austin. Technologies are dated, but the company does have marketshare in the NPO world. Fragmented client experience and very siloed departmentally.

Invest in Austin talent and leadership if you want to make it competitive with other high tech companies in town.

There are newer employer reviews for Blackbaud