Blackbaud

www.blackbaud.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Blackbaud

Not the worst place to work but avoid it

Former Employee - QA Software Engineer in Austin, TX
Former Employee - QA Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I worked at Blackbaud full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Helping non-profits as a side effect of making money for senior execs. It feels good helping so many good causes but sometimes you wonder how much you are really helping them vs just making money.

Cons

They do not value their employees and their Austin office is terrible. Pay is below average there is a lot of vague pressure to do better, somehow. They tell employees to wait for it to get better but they do nothing to really help. The office in Austin is terrible and they make no effort to actually make it better. Whoever is spending money on that office is completely inept.

Pay your people better and try to really help your customers not just find ways of getting more money out of them. Fire your building administrator and be nice to your employees. Or just close up shop in Austin and go back to Charleston and go back to being the low tech company you used to be.

267 Other Employee Reviews for Blackbaud (View Most Recent)

Best Job I've ever had!!!!

Current Employee - Customer Support in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Customer Support in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Blackbaud full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This company takes care of their employees and cares about them. I've worked at other companies who say they care Blackbaud proves it!!
    The pay is very competitive for this market!
    The company welcomed me before my 1st day I felt a part of the Blackbaud family before my 1st day!!!

Cons

No real challenges I've been here 4 months and always enjoy getting up to go to work

Keep up the great work!!! Continue to take care of your employees and appreciate the talent you have!

Help make the world a better place

I have been working at Blackbaud

Pros

Great team of fun people who enjoy serving non-profit clients while enjoying all the perks and benefits of a major for profit company. Austin Domain location offers many amenities and entertainment options.

Cons

Needs to press the accelerator on innovation for new non-profit fundraising and advocacy solutions. Company has tendency to coast on strength of market position instead of pushing technology forward.

Employees want to hear what the next exciting benefit/perk coming is. What about Stock Purchase Plan? A real gym/health club reimbursements, or just simply, better snacks. If you want to compete in Austin, you gotta have some of this. You have to step it more than what you offer in Charleston.

There are newer employer reviews for Blackbaud