Blackbaud

www.blackbaud.com
  www.blackbaud.com
There are newer employer reviews for Blackbaud

Oh my....not what you would expect

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Blackbaud full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

People, most of the people are very altruistic and are there to support the non profit community.

Cons

- Leadership is not good, everybody has been there for 14 years and don't know anything outside of SC
- Benefits are decent
- Sexism is rampant, the culture is beaten down, and most people overall are unqualified for roles, but they just don't know how to assimilate new employees

Get more outside leaders

255 Other Employee Reviews for Blackbaud (View Most Recent)

Good company. Considerate of employees.

Former Employee - Accounts Receivable Representative in Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Accounts Receivable Representative in Charleston, SC

I worked at Blackbaud as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Great atmosphere. Relaxed but professional. Worked in accounting department, and management was pretty down to earth. Team mentality encouraged.

Cons

Temp position, so that might have been relevant, but a lot of the employees didn't seem to take their work too seriously. Pay was low, but again, temp position. I was headed to grad school, so I did not go on to a permanent position.

Keep up the good work with taking care of your staff.

An OK Company Mired by Terrible Management

Former Employee - Resource Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Resource Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Blackbaud full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Some very intelligent, friendly people work here. People in the Austin office in particular are wonderful. Benefits are okay - not great, but not bad either. Ability to get additional time off for volunteer work is a bonus.

Cons

Probably the worst management I have ever encountered, from senior executives right down the chain. A culture of blame first, ask questions later prevails. You know it's a bad sign when middle managers start fleeing the company in droves. A general sense of malaise and apathy permeates the company, and morale is horrible. I would advise anyone who is even considering working for this company to look elsewhere. If you are working for Blackbaud, know that it gets better when you leave.

"Leadership" should not be defined as "do what I say, not what I do." Cursing employees and using intimidation is unacceptable. Stop re-organizing every 3 months. Stop blaming PMs for Management decisions. Stop giving out freebies to your customers and then fire people when quarterly revenue numbers don't hit targets. In sum, fire yourselves. Bring in fresh blood and start actually listening to your employees. Stop the brain drain.

There are newer employer reviews for Blackbaud