There are newer employer reviews for Blackbaud

Would not recommend as an entry-level career

Current Employee - Customer Support Analyst in Charleston, SC
Current Employee - Customer Support Analyst in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Blackbaud

Pros

Educated employees Friendly staff and comfortable building Decent compensation for the area

Cons

Work never seemed to be good enough Training program will NOT prepare you for the task at hand Many employees have been working in this call center a LONG time and are not open to new people, nor are interested in assisting these new employees. I had an issue and went to HR. The director told me she was personal friends with my manager and did not believe me regarding the situation.

Advice to Management

Become more approachable Show concern for employees and not your own stats When you offer further training courses actually lead them, and not just throw employees under the bus

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Making a Difference

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Blackbaud

Pros

Creating Software for the Non-Profit community Working with people that have a passion for Non-Profits Co-workers are sharp and highly intelligent

Cons

This is a work hard environment, so you need to be up for the task and that environment Would prefer to have more technology firms in this area- but that is more with the area than Blackbaud

Advice to Management

I think our managment team is strong and is taking the organization in the right direction. I don't have any additional advice.

Would not recommend.

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Charleston, SC

I worked at Blackbaud

Pros

There's a gym in the building. Generally speaking, employees are nice and easy to get along with. The exceptions are fortunately few, and unfortunately in positions of authority.

Cons

Management has much to be desired (see caveat in pros section).

Advice to Management

Already given by so many others as well; none of the advice was heeded. Treat your employees with respect. Treat your employees fairly. Take responsibility for the product you manage. Look to yourself first for reasons why your admittedly smart and talented employees don't succeed. Be humble, especially if you were promoted simply by being there longer than other people. If you feel like you might be doing something wrong, you probably are. Your employees are smarter than you think they are and that's why they are leaving in droves.