Blackhawk Network

www.blackhawknetwork.com

Neutral

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Napa, CA

ProsSome of the nicest people I've ever worked with. My co-workers are very hard working, helpful and smart. HR creates fun & team-building activities.

ConsLong hours. Overwhelming work load and impractical deadlines. Too many Chiefs; not enough Indians. High burn-out rate. Changing priorities compete with accomplishment.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect and acknowledgment for the hard-working contributors. Better communication to the teams. Hold business accountable to a plan and stick to an attainable plan. Changing priorities and competing demands distract from the possibility of accomplishment (for any one deliverable).

IT Management seems to think employees will tolerate abuse indefinitely

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Blackhawk Network

Pros: Interesting technical projects Good commute for some people Safeway generic items discount Health club membership… Cons: Project teams often work in cramped windowless rooms eating "free" pizza for lunch and dinner Zero privacy - all developers sit at long tables completely exposed… Advice to Senior Management: If you don't start treating people right, you will soon not have anyone left to do your work. Your employees are not stupid -… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Tough place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Blackhawk Network

Pros: Great business model Fast-paced and growing Cons: No respect employees personal lives; no work-life balance Management constantly threatens… Advice to Senior Management: Hire experienced management. Invenst in existing talent and promote them No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Blackhawk Network.

Worked for Blackhawk Network? Contribute to the Community!