Blackhawk Network

www.blackhawknetwork.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Blackhawk Network

Great people trying desperately to do good work.

I have been working at Blackhawk Network

Pros

Good industry to be in right now, financial services and prepaid products have a lot more growth potential. Work with some of the smartest people I have ever met in my career.

Cons

Strategies change like the wind, the most successful are the ones that can multi task and side step. What you are working on today will change within 30-60 days.

Limit the stategies to the things we can do exceptionally well. Hold the executive team accountable for leadership, not just MBO's. Show senior managers and business leaders how to do simple ROI.

114 Other Employee Reviews for Blackhawk Network (View Most Recent)

I'm proud to be a Blackhawk Employee!

I have been working at Blackhawk Network

Pros

Fast-paced environment with collaborative people!

Cons

We all need to remember to play as hard as we work!

Grateful to be part of a growing organization and progressive environment

Current Employee - Confidential in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Confidential in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Blackhawk Network

Pros

Blackhawk Network provides a platform for me to reach my career goals and be part of a growing team that offers challenging yet rewarding work. I like to compare my work at BHN as that of an Artist with a blank canvas. Although I have no artistic ability--aside from creative communication talents;-), I'm able to manage my workload any way I see fit, make recommendations for improvements, question ineffective methods, persuade management when I have a good idea and feel accomplished when I see the finished product. It's nice to work in a casual yet progressive atmosphere where you can always escape for a quick round of pac-man, ping-pong or even take-off early to run some errands, hit the driving range, or to blow-off-steam at the gym. I also enjoy working for BHN because I'm able to have input across a wide range of important functions within the company--not just one small piece of the puzzle. There are many bright professionals across all departments including IT, HR, Sales, Marketing, Finance, etc... From the product to the people, BHN offers something interesting and stable that employee's can believe in. Those who are experienced, adaptable, motivated and passionate about their work will enjoy working at Blackhawk.

Cons

As with all employers, there's always a bad seed or two within its structure, and not everyone will fit the environment. For example, if you're looking for established structure, lots of red-tape, extensive processes and clear direction every step of the way, this may not be the place for you (for me this is more of pro than a con). For a company experiencing the type of growth and expansion as BHN, they handle it well, have talented professionals in the right spots and the Pro's far out-way the Con's.

Keep empowering your people to make a difference by offering a blank canvass of sorts.

There are newer employer reviews for Blackhawk Network