There are newer employer reviews for Blackhawk Network

One of the biggest mistakes I've ever made in my career was taking a job at Blackhawk

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Pleasanton, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Blackhawk Network full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company is situated in a convenient location.

Cons

The turnover there is incredible particularly in the IT/engineering groups and Accounting. The number of people leaving the company without a job is astonishing. For 95% of the people there, the workload is HUGE, compensation is a joke and the working conditions are horrendous (they've implemented bench seating...it's like working on a fully occupied picnic table).

Running a business includes knowing how to treat your employees.

98 Other Employee Reviews for Blackhawk Network (View Most Recent)

Playground for Some, Labor House for Others

Current Employee - Implementation Specialist  in  Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Implementation Specialist in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Blackhawk Network full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Most Sr. Management positions & above work hard sometimes & get payed well. Everything beneath that level works 5x's as hard but never sees returns for their efforts (AKA the Proletariat). A great company for college grads who need work experience & plan to move on after 2-3 years.

Cons

The HR department is completely non-existant. This company works like a startup but is no longer a startup (in business for 10+ years). Blackhawk Network is not the company to work for if you are looking for career advancement opportunities that entail salary increases of 3.5% or better.

Encourage additional education and training for all levels, especially HR, Sr.Management and above.

Great people trying desperately to do good work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Blackhawk Network

Pros

Good industry to be in right now, financial services and prepaid products have a lot more growth potential. Work with some of the smartest people I have ever met in my career.

Cons

Strategies change like the wind, the most successful are the ones that can multi task and side step. What you are working on today will change within 30-60 days.

Limit the stategies to the things we can do exceptionally well. Hold the executive team accountable for leadership, not just MBO's. Show senior managers and business leaders how to do simple ROI.

There are newer employer reviews for Blackhawk Network

Worked for Blackhawk Network? Contribute to the Community!