There are newer employer reviews for Blackhawk Network

Great Opportunity! Great Company!

I have been working at Blackhawk Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I believe Blackhawk Network is a great company with a lot of opportunity to work on meanful projects that directly impact the success of the company. They do a good job of holding quarterly Town Hall meetings to keep us informed, and have other fun events throughout the year. The company is growing, so they set agressive goals and expect a lot from their employees - I personally enjoy the work and the challenge.

Cons

I really don't have any cons about working at Blackhawk. I appreciate that I have a good job at a growing company.

Advice to Management

Push down accountability and allow employees to take on more responsibility, which gives employees the opportunity to rise to the occasion or learn from mistakes. Read these reviews and address any truths and ignore the rest

Other Employee Reviews for Blackhawk Network

1. A sweatshop, reaping benefits for Senior Management

I have been working at Blackhawk Network full-time

Pros

-There are some really good people at Blackhawk. - Convenient location. - Fun can be had, if you can find the time to get to it. - Better than unemployment. - Company is experiencing extreme growth. - 401k (just okay) & Benefits - Execs are "smart"

Cons

Salaries aren't competitive, especially for the Bay Area . When workload is taken into account, salaries become pathetically low. Raises are pathetic. There is no work-life balance for many of the employees here. Many days you will find yourself working through lunch, working late, and with too much to do. Things rarely go smoothly. There always seems to be a problem. Many people are either stupid because they are unintelligent or stupid because they are new. The company is extremely political. People underperform or flat out do their job incorrectly time and time again - they will not be disciplined. Departments essential to the company are undervalued. By the way, a couple of the "good" reviews you see below you probably come from HR or top management

Advice to Management

Pay more. Respect your employees.

2. No rewards or recognition for the the right Technology Workers

Current Contractor - Quality Assurance Engineer
    Current Contractor - Quality Assurance Engineer

I have been working at Blackhawk Network as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Payments - Business which is currently, hot in the Market. Opportunity to learn lot of things about Payments in a short period since this is a rapid pace environment, provided if you are ready to put Hard work and of course, also depends on your sharpness. Location - No commute in Traffic!...

Cons

Managers / Directors just keep nodding their heads to the upper management and toil the developers and QAs. NO rewards or recognition for the Right people when the Technology Team is concerned. Highly Political. They don't recognize skilled people but instead they exploit them by extracting more work without recognition. Not a company for really skilled people. Skilled people have to move out of this company. Salary is far Below the Market Range.

Advice to Management

Provide appropriate Reward and Recognition to the right people, otherwise you cannot reduce this attrition rate and cannot retain skilled people in the company.