Blackstone Technology Group

Blackstone Technology Group is a great company

Former Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Blackstone Technology Group

Pros

Strong leadership team, nice people, solid business model, smart employees at all levels, great working culture and a relentless focus on the customer's needs. Enormous degree of integrity throughout the company.

Highly recommend Blackstone as a place to work -- I only left because I wanted to do something else.

Cons

Challenging to find talent to meet the workload -- good problem to have though.

Continued communication and engagement among the rank-and-file: discover & leverage their insights ongoing to evolve your strategy, get new ideas or improve existing ones.

59 Other Employee Reviews for Blackstone Technology Group (View Most Recent)

Un-memorable

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I worked at Blackstone Technology Group

Pros

Old school paycheck in mail worked for me.

Cons

No Holiday card acknowledging your employment with / contribution to company.
    HMO not offered to DMV employees even though same HMO has locations in area.

Account mangers need more interaction/involvement with contract they oversee., e.g. on-site visit with employees to discern issues, concerns and contentment.

Blackstone is a true meritocracy. For the first time, I'm in a company that rewards based on results.

Current Employee - Senior Architect in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Architect in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Blackstone Technology Group

Pros

At a high level:

High salary (very good annual raises), good market corrections, and solid review process
    Good Growth - promotions are definitely given to deserving candidates
    Good onsite opportunities available on most of the bigger projects
    Solid company wide diversity
    People are talented
    Good Culture and Commraderie
    Interesting work

Blackstone has a very fair and reasonable review structure. Part of the culture requires that semi annual reviews happen along with several mid project check ins. This type of structure allows you to gauge where you are performing at the moment and change up if you need to. Also ensures great delivery to our clients every time.

There is definitely a culture of "getting the job done". There are a lot of very smart people that are all driven to succeed here. This creates a demanding work environment, in order to stand out from the crowd. That's what a true meritocracy is though, and it is working for me and all of my colleagues so far.

Cons

Blackstone's core business is systems integration and custome app development, so even if you are working in Management Consulting, you will more than likely work on a system implementation effort of some sort. If this is what you do best, make sure that you join Blackstone!

360 feedback reviews would be a great idea for everyone. This way, people can learn how to be better at every level of the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Blackstone Technology Group