Blackstone Technology Group
www.bstonetech.com San Francisco, CA 150 to 499 Employees

A solid place to work, with great people in delivery & management, good comp, but slow to change subpar practices.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Arlington, VA

I worked at Blackstone Technology Group full-time for more than a year

ProsWork with very sharp colleagues, have the opportunity to mentor more junior folks, and learn from peers and more senior folks, get paid well, have good benefits, in a moderately fast growing but stable consulting shop where those with an entreprenurial bent can excel. The organization is smart about using and advocating for open source and agile methods. There is a healthy internal culture mediated by an active internal blog.

ConsCheap about hardware. Just now introducing Macs for people who make a business case for them. Wedded to Microsoft Sharepoint and Exchange, but lusts after sexier products and might agree to an open relationship soon. Can't wear jeans to the office unless it is Friday.

Advice to Senior ManagementLoosen up a bit. Share more strategic decisions with a wider audience. Spend more on laptops and infrastructure. Celebrate victories visibly and reward key contributors. Keep hiring people who know things you don't, it will help you keep your edge. Give business units more autonomy, especially the ones growing like mad. Be more transparent about incentive compensation.

Blackstone Technology Group is a great company

Director (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I worked at Blackstone Technology Group

Pros: Strong leadership team, nice people, solid business model, smart employees at all levels, great working culture and a relentless focus on the customer's needs. … Cons: Challenging to find talent to meet the workload -- good… Advice to Senior Management: Continued communication and engagement among the rank-and-file: discover & leverage their insights… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Un-memorable

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Arlington, VA

I worked at Blackstone Technology Group

Pros: Old school paycheck in mail worked for me. Cons: No Holiday card acknowledging your employment with / contribution to company. HMO not… Advice to Senior Management: Account mangers need more interaction/involvement with contract they oversee., e.g.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Blackstone Technology Group.

Worked for Blackstone Technology Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Blackstone Technology Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Blackstone Technology Group CEO David Mysona. All reviews posted anonymously by Blackstone Technology Group employees.