There are newer employer reviews for Blackstone Technology Group

Clear direction and excellent support

Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Blackstone Technology Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Goals are attainable, there is clear direction from management, and support is in abundance - if sought. Great communication from management.

Cons

No cons. Everything is going very well. Training and support need to be sought out and are not delegated.

Keep it up.

reviews filtered by

Professional, but communication issues

Current Employee - Senior Technical Consultant in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Consultant in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Blackstone Technology Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Very intelligent and professional colleagues. Everyone is driven and everyone works hard. Salaries seem to be pretty good.

Cons

Projects are run very tight and you have to put in extra hours just to meet expectations. As another reviewer noted, there is a high amount of turnover and leadership does not address it in any way. As another reviewer noted, most people last about 1 year and then move on. The corporate hierarchy is a complete mystery. Only through seeing others emails was I able to see graphs depicting the structure. Also, just chatting among other employees you get a constant theme of position anxiety.

Address employee turnover and don't sweep it under the rug. Try raising morale by investing in your employees with training and education.

Bad experience for me. Maybe you will like it.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at Blackstone Technology Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Some very talented technical staff. Good medical benefits for single employees.

Cons

As some of the other reviewers are saying, most new hires are likely to leave after just one year. Turnover is bad for a company of this size and growth has stagnated due to projects ending, a slow-down in new sales, and the fact that they are constantly replacing talented employees who simply didn’t fit the culture and disliked the lack of effective and transparent communication (see previous reviews). During the recruitment process, I was told about my "eligibility" for a 10% bonus. More than eight months after I started, my supervisor met with me to explain what I had to do to get my full bonus. I knew at that point that I wasn’t going to reach those goals and had expressed that I would have appreciated it if they would have shared the goals with me when I started. The details of the bonus system aren’t included in offer letters, so I didn’t know what to expect and was shocked when I was told that my bonus was zero. The feedback was that I didn’t reach my goals (which were laid out for me only 4 months prior) and that the company didn’t reach its goals. When I finally decided to leave, I did the ethical thing and acted with decency and professionalism by giving a two week notice and then was told that policy said that I wouldn’t be able to work out my notice and they won't be paying me for the two weeks of notice that I gave them. I never saw this policy and I have no idea if it even exists, but as a single parent, this was a difficult financial burden to bear. Who does that and why would anyone ever give this company any notice when they leave? This was a very difficult culture for me to thrive in and feedback whether positive or negative was non-existent. No 401k match

Simply learn how to do the right things and treat your employees with dignity and respect. Communication and transparency is a major problem internally and it leaves people feeling scared and detached. I didn’t have a desk phone for the first 2 weeks that I was working at Blackstone. That’s really unacceptable given my responsibilities and the on-boarding process should be re-visited. Recognize that there is a reason for the low morale and high turnover and that it's not just an "industry thing". Stop making your hiring decisions based on "cultural fit", it's just not working and I think that it would be beneficial to expand your culture rather than limit it to people that are just like you. Add a 401k match.

There are newer employer reviews for Blackstone Technology Group