Blackstone Technology Group

www.bstonetech.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Blackstone Technology Group

Do not consider this company

Current Employee - Project Manager in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Project Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Blackstone Technology Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Young Energy. Lots of happy hours to go out drinking.

Cons

What a horrible experience I had with this company. I left a fortune 500 company after 15 years, because I was being heavily recruited for a new practice that Blackstone was building. After only 4 months, the management struggled to maintain the relationship with the vendor/supplier and dissolved the newly formed team. Instead of trying to find a fit for the people they hired, they let us go, with no notice, no severance. I was literally told to "have a stiff drink, and walk it off". Complete lack of foresight and professionalism from many of the folks in this company.

What was even better, was that 4 weeks later I received a call from a sales executive to see if I would be interested in being rehired or on a contract basis to replace a Project Manager onsite at a location where the currently Blackstone Employee was failing on his assignment. He tried to explain this as an attempt to "help me out".

The practices operate in Silo's. This company is looking for a quick buck, with no real long term strategy.

You have a lot of young skilled individuals. It's unfortunate that you aren't creating a culture of young professionals that will have any morale bearing in the business world.

61 Other Employee Reviews for Blackstone Technology Group (View Most Recent)

A Staff Augmentation firm trying to turn into a Big 10 Consulting firm

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I worked at Blackstone Technology Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great company to leverage broad level of consulting skills and brings in seasoned professionals to provide great results for clients. Salary is a tad better than major consulting companies, but you'll get more instability because of that. Can dabble in both commercial and public sector consulting fairly easily based on management/technical skills. Bench time is 'ok' but limited. Bonuses are consistent based on project/practice performance.

Cons

Growth paths are not ideal for mid-level professionals. Been years trying to solidify growth paths, which means promotions are not consistent. Directors have a secret honor code that no one can figure out, and a lot of questions aren't answered in terms of strategy and where the company is going. Not even managers know what's next. Annual meetings are the only way to know what upper management is looking to grow and day-to-day operations sometimes feel disconnected with the bigger picture. Small company is great, but this company changes direction based on where the $$ are, not the passion for great work and impact. You can't really blame them for that either.

Truly committed to employees!

I have been working at Blackstone Technology Group full-time

Pros

Blackstone supports its credo of employee commitment by encouraging innovation and empowering us to drive our own careers. We’re provided the opportunity to work with mentors and receive the training we need to achieve our goals. We start each year with a theme that’s designed to inspire and motivate, and it does just that. This year’s theme is “Engage”, which encourages us to engage with colleagues, the marketplace, and the community. We also have some programs that acknowledge and reward our successes, as well as encourage activities outside of work. The “I Am Interesting” program provides funds for exploring new hobbies, interests, and activities. Basically, we get paid to have fun! I’ve worked for other companies with similar types of programs, but none have been as consistent and meaningful as Blackstone’s.

Cons

Since we have offices in multiple states, more than one annual kick-off meeting is held, so we don't get the opportunity to meet all of our fellow Blackstonians.

There are newer employer reviews for Blackstone Technology Group