Blast Radius

www.blastradius.com
  www.blastradius.com
There are newer employer reviews for Blast Radius

You get back what you put in, as long as you ask

Current Employee - Strategic Technologist of Design, STD in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Blast Radius

Pros

Moves with the fickle wind of buzz, sometimes for the better
Survive or die attitude works for the entrepreneurial
Still possible to drive innovation within
Still possible to create your own adventure
Resilient due to focus on profitability
Incredible launch pad to advance career elsewhere reflects market strength of BR brand in NA

Cons

Moves with the fickle wind of buzz, sometimes for the worse
Suffers from annual identity crisis
Company & Revenue size has exceeded existing mgmt's capabilities
Guinness World Record for worst string of new external sr mgmt hires
Survive or die attitude does not work for the cattle, but this is agency life. Deal with it or go back to anonymity.
Finding inspirational mentors are getting harder to find

Keep it real. Everyone can poke through the sugar coating to see what flavor of cake it is.
Stay sexy. Don't be so defensive to criticism.
Loosen the handcuffs on chargeability a bit. You might find a positive impact on churn.

94 Other Employee Reviews for Blast Radius (View Most Recent)

Work hard, play hard. Non-stop.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I have been working at Blast Radius

Pros

- Amazing people! The personal connection and community is the best I have ever worked with: Savvy, passionate, friendly, culturally diverse and a little crazy.
    - Incredible clients (NIVEA, Bacardi, Starbucks, etc.)
    - The opportunity to carve your own carrier and expertise within the company (but you need to push it yourself- don't expect someone else to do it).
    - Freedom. It doesn't matter if you start at 11, leave at 4 or work from home as long as you don't miss meetings, client presentations and get you work done well!
    - We're growing and establishing a name for ourselves int he industry (which is exciting and active).
    - After 3 years of employment, you get an additional 1 month paid sabbatical!!!

Cons

- Long hours! And because our offices are in Vancouver as well as Amsterdam, you are expected to constantly be available.
    - We are growing too fast (especially in Europe) and haven't figured out all the process (daily life is chaotic, expense/time sheets are a nightmare to complete, etc.)
    - Although we have big, name clients, they are often risk adverse to out of the box creative concepts.

Communicate more often with the staff! There are so many incredible things happening in the company and I often feel like the employees are the last to find out.

its ok

I have been working at Blast Radius

Pros

the people i work with are great, and the sabbatical is pretty cool

Cons

work/life balance expected is not so great.

There are newer employer reviews for Blast Radius