There are newer employer reviews for Bleacher Report

Awesome company, amazing people!

Current Employee - Frontend Engineer  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Frontend Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bleacher Report full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Very flexible and understanding management
- Challenging work
- Realistic deadlines
- WFH is available when needed
- Great company outings
- Amazing people

Cons

- None that I can think of

25 Other Employee Reviews for Bleacher Report (View Most Recent)

The internship program

Former Employee - Intern  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Intern in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Bleacher Report

Pros

Promoted my writing so it would be well-read, gave excellent feedback, provided good promotion opportunities, and did exactly what an online journalism internships should do.

Cons

It was the first internship program for the site, so obviously, there were a few kinks: Breaking News coverage, response time and feedback quantity were a little subpar.

Just improve on what you are already doing. The program made me a much better writer and gave me a loyal following of readers.

Bleacher Report Internship: A Great Way to Get Into Sports Journalism

Current Employee - Featured Columnist/Former Intern  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Featured Columnist/Former Intern in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bleacher Report

Pros

First and foremost, the internship at the Bleacher Report is a great way for a budding writer to build a portfolio and hone his or her writing skills through a structured program. The coordinators gave constructive feedback and were always accommodating when extenuating circumstances arose. I loved that there were deadlines and assigned topics to write about. I've trained for other sports writing internships but quickly fell off the wagon due to a lack of feedback, structure, and supervision. Partaking in the Bleacher Report internship is a fun and low-pressure avenue through which sports enthusiasts, young and old, can develop their voices, self-starter or no.

Cons

There were certainly some kinks in the program, though they were pretty much all either attributable to technical difficulties not related to the internship or have since been accounted for by adjustments in the structure of the program. The fact that it's entirely online can be a bit of a drawback, since there's no face-to-face contact, but the format also allows for a great deal of flexibility on the part of the intern.

Keep up the good work! Prompter feedback on articles and a quicker turnaround on the end-of-program evaluations would be greatly appreciated. Definitely publicize the program more, especially around college campuses.

There are newer employer reviews for Bleacher Report

Worked for Bleacher Report? Contribute to the Community!