Bleacher Report
www.bleacherreport.com San Francisco, CA 150 to 499 Employees

The internship program

Intern (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

ProsPromoted my writing so it would be well-read, gave excellent feedback, provided good promotion opportunities, and did exactly what an online journalism internships should do.

ConsIt was the first internship program for the site, so obviously, there were a few kinks: Breaking News coverage, response time and feedback quantity were a little subpar.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust improve on what you are already doing. The program made me a much better writer and gave me a loyal following of readers.

The internship is a scam

Editorial Intern (Former Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

I worked at Bleacher Report

Pros: I got to write a lot, but I could have… Cons: The two guys in charge of the internship were completely incompetent. By the end of the internship, most of the interns either quit, or seriously… Advice to Senior Management: If you're an upstart website hoping to become legitimate by recruiting good writers (you have to be embarrassed with the content the website produces right… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Simply a word mill.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Bleacher Report

Pros: The website gets your name out there on the internet. You get… Cons: Your name has to be attached to Bleacher Report. The company has only a few employed writers. Those that are employed are all asked to… Advice to Senior Management: It is a nice concept to let fans write about sports but flooding the internet is not the way to get your company taken seriously.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Bleacher Report.

Worked for Bleacher Report? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bleacher Report reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bleacher Report CEO John Martin. All reviews posted anonymously by Bleacher Report employees.