Blendtec

There are newer employer reviews for Blendtec

Great Everything, Untrained Supervisors

Former Employee - Assembly Line in Orem, UT
Former Employee - Assembly Line in Orem, UT

I worked at Blendtec full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I loved working there on the assembly line. The company, management, and human resources care about you. The CEO, not the owner, even sat down with me once and chatted about a product idea I had. He showed me that they take everything into consideration. Gym, cafeteria, benefit options, free blender, decent pay, opportunities to move up.

Cons

I felt like the supervisors and line leads, although they generally were nice people, were very untrained as far as leading people. And that the qualities that the corporate management and human resources should also be lived by them. Yet this may be a problem with many great companies.

Train your line leads and supervisors to treat your employees as great as you do!

22 Other Employee Reviews for Blendtec (View Most Recent)

Great product, lots of unrealized potential as a company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

I have been working at Blendtec

Pros

Blendtec has a long history of innovation and is committed to producing the best blender available. The product is amazing. The people are fun to work with and the company tries to value it's employees.

Cons

The company culture is extremely eccentric. The owner of the company is a true entrepreneur. He always has new ideas, some of which make great sense, some of which are real head scratchers. It would be nice to have more consistent direction from the top.

Focus on ideas and projects that make good business sense, not just the latest "shower thoughts". Set strong company goals that will help guide decisions. Report regularly on metrics measuring progress on the goals. Hold everybody accountable for their performance.

Great product, diffused sales efforts

I have been working at Blendtec

Pros

Number one in innovation in their niche market.
    Family run all American company and almost entirely American made quality product.
    You can stand behind the product.
    Supervisors are understanding and will work with you.
    Very likely the best viral guerrilla marketing campaigns conceived for YouTube.

Cons

Constantly changes sales platforms and compensation strategy. Not all of this is within their control.
    Not all management seems to have a good balance between what is good for the company and what is good for the employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Blendtec