HIGH TERMINATION RATE

I have been working at Blendtec full-time

Pros

Company has potential to become GREAT!

Cons

Company thrives in a CHAOTIC, high termination, "let's fire everyone" mentality! Blendtec is going through massive restructuring and terminations. The CEO resigned in October 2013. The President was terminated last week.

The current rate of employee terminations is 10-12 per week. October 2013 termination total was 41 employees out of 250 current employees with plans to continue downsizing. Blendtec just let go of their entire customer service staff. Their reasoning is to bring in temporary staff.

Several employees have experienced a reduction in salary of up to 50%.

Blendtec could easily be a billion dollar revenue, but lack of solid management and poor forecasting has caused the company to be "reactive" not "proactive" culture

Let's work together! Let's build the company!

Other Reviews for Blendtec

Blendtec broke my heart

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

I worked at Blendtec full-time for more than a year

Pros

Incredible product. There is nothing that compares. You get a free blender after 90 days. There are great people that work for Blendtec.

Cons

Politics are politics. It is really disgusting. If you can't trust HR or anyone on the executive team it really makes it difficult to thrive in your position. I heard managers in HR talking about firing an employee. They said they wanted to do it right now but felt they needed to wait until that person trained their replacement. It makes me sick. There is no loyalty. Having an awesome product but no loyalty to employees is not a good mix. I would not recommend for anyone to work at Blendtec.

Implement Vital Smarts! Don't just attend the courses and throw out buzz words to make yourself look and sound good. Actually use the tools to benefit your employees. Learn and understand the word "loyal". The product is amazing and the company can be something that compares to nothing else in the industry. But there must be a healthy balance of incredible product and incredible management.

Great Everything, Untrained Supervisors

Former Employee - Assembly Line  in  Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Assembly Line in Orem, UT

I worked at Blendtec full-time for less than a year

Pros

I loved working there on the assembly line. The company, management, and human resources care about you. The CEO, not the owner, even sat down with me once and chatted about a product idea I had. He showed me that they take everything into consideration. Gym, cafeteria, benefit options, free blender, decent pay, opportunities to move up.

Cons

I felt like the supervisors and line leads, although they generally were nice people, were very untrained as far as leading people. And that the qualities that the corporate management and human resources should also be lived by them. Yet this may be a problem with many great companies.

Train your line leads and supervisors to treat your employees as great as you do!

There are newer employer reviews for Blendtec.

Worked for Blendtec? Contribute to the Community!