There are newer employer reviews for Blendtec

HIGH TERMINATION RATE

I have been working at Blendtec full-time

Pros

Company has potential to become GREAT!

Cons

Company thrives in a CHAOTIC, high termination, "let's fire everyone" mentality! Blendtec is going through massive restructuring and terminations. The CEO resigned in October 2013. The President was terminated last week.

The current rate of employee terminations is 10-12 per week. October 2013 termination total was 41 employees out of 250 current employees with plans to continue downsizing. Blendtec just let go of their entire customer service staff. Their reasoning is to bring in temporary staff.

Several employees have experienced a reduction in salary of up to 50%.

Blendtec could easily be a billion dollar revenue, but lack of solid management and poor forecasting has caused the company to be "reactive" not "proactive" culture

Advice to Management

Let's work together! Let's build the company!

reviews filtered by

Great Everything, Untrained Supervisors

Former Employee - Assembly Line in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Assembly Line in Orem, UT

I worked at Blendtec full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I loved working there on the assembly line. The company, management, and human resources care about you. The CEO, not the owner, even sat down with me once and chatted about a product idea I had. He showed me that they take everything into consideration. Gym, cafeteria, benefit options, free blender, decent pay, opportunities to move up.

Cons

I felt like the supervisors and line leads, although they generally were nice people, were very untrained as far as leading people. And that the qualities that the corporate management and human resources should also be lived by them. Yet this may be a problem with many great companies.

Advice to Management

Train your line leads and supervisors to treat your employees as great as you do!

Great product, lots of unrealized potential as a company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

I have been working at Blendtec

Pros

Blendtec has a long history of innovation and is committed to producing the best blender available. The product is amazing. The people are fun to work with and the company tries to value it's employees.

Cons

The company culture is extremely eccentric. The owner of the company is a true entrepreneur. He always has new ideas, some of which make great sense, some of which are real head scratchers. It would be nice to have more consistent direction from the top.

Advice to Management

Focus on ideas and projects that make good business sense, not just the latest "shower thoughts". Set strong company goals that will help guide decisions. Report regularly on metrics measuring progress on the goals. Hold everybody accountable for their performance.

There are newer employer reviews for Blendtec