Blessing Hospital

Nothing to shout about!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Quincy, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Quincy, IL

I have been working at Blessing Hospital

Pros

It close to where I live and the some of the nurses are excellent

Cons

They are suppose to practice "I Care" standards, but some do not and sometimes it depends on what shift you work. Director and supervisors often walk by you and don't speak to you even tho they see you or they look down theirs noses to you.

Check to see how employees are being treated and let them to be able to talk freely about what is going on their unit without having to worry about being fired.

4 Other Employee Reviews for Blessing Hospital (View Most Recent)

It was a very good experience working for Blessing Hospital, many opportunities for advancement.

Former Employee - Patient Accounts in Quincy, IL
    Former Employee - Patient Accounts in Quincy, IL

I worked at Blessing Hospital full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great family benefits and working hours.

Cons

As with may facilities, putting processes in place take an overabundance of time to implement.

I believe a good leader sets the example. It is an honorable position to be asked to lead any team. It takes someone with an open mind and the ability to embrace suggestions, someone who doesn't' always think they have all the answers and listens to co workers and staff.

Horrid Management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Quincy, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Quincy, IL

I worked at Blessing Hospital full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It is a job, in Quincy, that can offer decent benefits.

Cons

Scheduling is atrocious, management is horrid, under-qualified managers in positions just to fill "spots", team work is absent, poor representation for workers that are not MDs or specialists, Human Resources is useless. When you begin work here, you will be handed a survey--by the CEO--which will ask you some questions regarding your first thirty days at Blessing. You will be told this survey is confidential, but in my experience, the CEO just handed it down to the department manager, and I was brought in and interrogated as to my answers. This is just some of the dirty tactics utilized by Blessing Hospital. Now, let's get into pay rates....if you are expecting pay rates on par with other medical organizations, think again. Blessing pays at the very minimum rate...this is the very reason many first-time MDs are leaving in abundance, rather than staying in the community that they've learned in. If you have a choice, I'd say work elsewhere your conscience will thank you.

Listen to your employees, when guaranteeing something will remain confidential--keep it that way,don't go behind the employee's back and inform their supervisor.

There are newer employer reviews for Blessing Hospital