Blinds to Go

www.blindstogo.com
  www.blindstogo.com
There are newer employer reviews for Blinds to Go

Awesome place to work, but hard if you want to be a manager.

I have been working at Blinds to Go full-time

Pros

-Direct feedback to help with personal growth
-Everything we do is linked with a skill that we are developing
-Very positive atmosphere
-Very open and honest environment
-Encourages you to be the best you can be
-Great customer experiences
-Relatively stress-free (compared to a lot of places I've worked at)
-Team is amazing and fun to work with
-We can still have a lot of fun
-Very amazing and unique hiring process
-A lot of thought is put into the employees they hire; making sure to find those that want to work hard and improve themselves

Cons

-Although sales aren't supposed to be a priority, it feels like that's all we talk about
-They say the sole purpose of a manager is to help develop other people, but you have to be the best seller in the store
-Seem to promote more on sales than team contribution
-Expected for sales numbers to magically increase; in some cases if you were to sell to every customer you served, you still may not hit your sales goal...but you still "could have done better."

You are lacking managers because you need to set your priorities; either get them to work on only sales or only development. Focusing on too much at once is overwhelming and you'll rarely find people that are willing to endure it.

76 Other Employee Reviews for Blinds to Go (View Most Recent)

Enjoyable experience learn a lot about myself coming out of school that was never pointed out to me before.

Former Employee - Design Consultant
    Former Employee - Design Consultant

I worked at Blinds to Go

Pros

The environment created by the managers made it comfortable to work. It was always a place that made me really feel like I was in a professional environment and that I made a thoughtful career decision.

Cons

The customers were not always patient which made it hard to solve the issue at hand. When the store was busy and there was not enough people scheduled to work that day it was challenging.

Be more hands on with everyone and less patient. Push people harder to grow to show that growth can happen.

toxic work environment

I have been working at Blinds to Go

Pros

-great benefits package

-they send you away for a week of training

-okay pay

-you work with interesting people who are all recent college grads

-great work experience

Cons

-work balanced life is horrible don't expect weekends off or personal time off ever

-you work 10 hour shifts and you are expected to be available in any store which me long commutes which could leave you working 12 to 14 hour shifts which is illegal but you cannot make a commitment you're labeled as a immature worker.

-Stand on your feet all day and will be yelled at if you ever sit-down

-some days are so busy that don't get lunch breaks

-feedback is unprofessional tasteless attacks attacks on your employees

-management lies constantly to employees and customers

-constantly recruiting employees because they cannot keep their current employees motivated to stay with the company very

Stop overworking employees with 50 hour work weeks. You are killing your employees motivation to stay with your company. There's more to life than just to work for Blinds to go. Your employees need time for their family and loved ones. Feedback also needs to be more positive it's sad that employees only get positive feedback from their customers and not their coworkers.

Management needs to STOP posting only positive reviews on this website. This is feedback from your employees if you want to fix your companies turnover problem then used negative feedback and fix your companies culture.

There are newer employer reviews for Blinds to Go