There are newer employer reviews for Blizzard Entertainment

It's not bad but you could be paid more

Former Employee - QA Analyst in Irvine, CA
Former Employee - QA Analyst in Irvine, CA

I worked at Blizzard Entertainment full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people and culture of the office are the best I have ever worked with.

Cons

Pay is low when compared to other software companies. This is because they still compare themselves to other gaming companies. But they wanted to be competitive with other fortune 500 companies, and this likely won't happen unless they bring up their pay.

Hit or miss. Some of the management is the best I have experienced. Other managers I am surprised they are in the spot or get promoted higher.

203 Other Employee Reviews for Blizzard Entertainment (View Most Recent)

With few exceptions, dedicated to setting and maintaining a high standard in video game development.

Former Employee - In-Game Support Representative in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - In-Game Support Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at Blizzard Entertainment full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing community, earnest managerial support, tangible improvement in both internal and external human relations. Managing geeks is like herding cats, and constant effort is made to keep everyone focused in the right directions.

Cons

Possibly unavoidable corporate BS sneaks in once in a while, setting precedents means figuring things out. The worst thing is the same as any job: individuals who spread negativity (but this is usually quashed in healthy ways).

Keep working on improving transparency and communication - horizontal and vertical - and trust the quiet majority of your fans.

Great people to work with

Former Employee - Customer Support Representative in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Support Representative in Irvine, CA

I worked at Blizzard Entertainment full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Fantastic workmates
    - Good cafeteria
    - Great events and perks
    - Some of the best games on the market

Cons

- Difficult to advance
    - Somewhat disorganized training/work metrics
    - Lack of communication between departments
    - Some poor management choices

Overall this has been one of my favourite places to work, ever. I love the company and still have a lot of love and loyalty for the company and the games. Mike Morhaime has always done right by his employees, from my limited personal experience and from everything I have heard. He is an admirable man who has made some amazing changes to maintain the company and uphold the core values.

There were many ups and downs in the CS department over the time that I was there. As they grew, there seemed to be more of a distance between what was happening in the department itself and how that was communicated to the upper managent of the company. On the whole, the individuals I worked with rolled well with the punches and certainly became a force to be reckoned with in the gaming industry. From a business perspective, I can see where it made sense to cut back on some of the perks and events, but sometimes it felt that the only departments affected by those cut-backs were the "entry level" departments. May I suggest finding ways to make cuts across the company (rather than just one or two departments) that make business sense, but that don't shoot down employee morale?

I would also suggest raising the payscale somewhat for Quality Assurance and Customer Support, just to be a bit more competitive in the industry. I think Blizzard can pull the cream of the crop into every department, and those people deserve to be paid to reflect that polish and shine they bring to wherever they are hired.

There are newer employer reviews for Blizzard Entertainment