Blizzard Entertainment
www.blizzard.com Irvine, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Frustrating, no room for self starters

Customer Service (Former Employee)
Austin, TX

I worked at Blizzard Entertainment full-time for more than a year

ProsDecent benefits as long as you don't need allergy shots

ConsExtreme micromanagement, even for a call center - not only is it how much you do, it's how much you do at a time. The attendance policy is also very harsh - doctor's notes do not validate any absences.

Advice to Senior ManagementExtreme problems with upper management not understanding or caring about lower level needs. Constantly changing standards for evaluations and a steady stream of people leaving does not make a healthy work environment.

It's not bad but you could be paid more

QA Analyst (Former Employee)
Irvine, CA

I worked at Blizzard Entertainment full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The people and culture of the office are the best… Cons: Pay is low when compared to other software companies. This is because they still compare themselves to other gaming companies. But… Advice to Senior Management: Hit or miss. Some of the management is the best I have experienced.… More

Things were better way before the company went public

In-Game Support Representative (Former Employee)
Austin, TX

I worked at Blizzard Entertainment full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great benefits Free Blizzard stuff if you are into that thing. Cons: Terrible opportunities Working hours are typically at night The politics are terrible in… Advice to Senior Management: Stop looking down on your IGS staff and treat them… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Blizzard Entertainment.

Worked for Blizzard Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Blizzard Entertainment reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Blizzard Entertainment CEO Mike Morhaime. All reviews posted anonymously by Blizzard Entertainment employees.