Blizzard Entertainment
www.blizzard.com Irvine, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Good benefits, profit sharing, friendly environment

Engineer (Current Employee)
Irvine, CA

ProsOn-site gym, cafe, volleyball court, basketball court. Pay isn't that bad with profit sharing. No other place in Irvine that I'd want to work. Although WoW is declining, I see a lot of potential with the new games that are being released.

ConsToo much middle management that protects themselves. Losing the start-up, "agile" culture that made Blizzard great. A lot of beaucracy in decision making. Egos in different departments that want to have complete control over different parts of the environment compound that problem.

Company is great, but Platform Services has much to improve.

Quality Assurance Analyst 1 (Current Employee)

I have been working at Blizzard Entertainment full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Tons of different departments to see and explore career paths. Company offers a lot of different… Cons: Work/life balance takes a hit depending upon the team. Platform Services department is mostly based on who you know to get advanced. Whereas… Advice to Senior Management: Assess and restructure the personal management positions (supervisor, asst manager, manager). Those positions do not understand what each of their reports' team does, and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A fun internship experience

Software Engineer Intern (Former Employee)
    Irvine, CA

I worked at Blizzard Entertainment as an intern for less than a year

Pros: > The internship program was well established. There was a lot of opportunities to interact and get to know the other interns, and the… Cons: > Compensation is a little low, but the perks you… Advice to Senior Management: None Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Blizzard Entertainment.

Worked for Blizzard Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Blizzard Entertainment reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Blizzard Entertainment CEO Mike Morhaime. All reviews posted anonymously by Blizzard Entertainment employees.