Blizzard Entertainment
www.blizzard.com Irvine, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Blizzard is a sweat-shop, I feel sorry for anyone that has to work there

Tools Programmer (Former Employee)
Irvine, CA

I worked at Blizzard Entertainment

ProsIt's hard to think of any reason to work for a sweat-shop.

ConsOk, so the list:
When they fire people, they don't do it quietly, they send an e-mail to the entire company saying "so-and-so is no longer an employee of Blizzard Entertainment, as with all guests, please escort them at all times when on company property". You've gotta be kidding me! you think that boosts morale? what a joke.

Regarding career development, I asked the lead game designer for WoW about what it would take for me to move from being a tools programmer to a game developer. My problem was I had no experience, and all job requirements say you need at least 2 shipped titles. Guess what his answer was!? He told me "to be quite honest, you'll probably have to leave Blizzard, get some experience else-where, then come back to work here". You've gotta be freakin' kidding me if you consider that career growth, and advancement opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementBlizzard was absolutely the worst place I've worked, and i'm not the only one, take a look at your GM department, you'd be hard-pressed to find one person that doesn't work there anymore say a single good thing about it.

Excellent company with amazing leadership!

Software Developer (Current Employee)
Irvine, CA

I have been working at Blizzard Entertainment

Pros: I am extremely proud to work for Blizzard Entertainment. It is an excellent company with amazing leadership. I have never seen a company full… Cons: I am really happy here and can't find any downsides. Advice to Senior Management: You are doing a great job. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

A big family with communication problems

In-Game Support Representative (Former Employee)
Cork (Ireland)

I worked at Blizzard Entertainment full-time for more than a year

Pros: It felt like a big family, all trying to help.… Cons: The lack of communication between departments and the separation between… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Blizzard Entertainment.

Worked for Blizzard Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Blizzard Entertainment reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Blizzard Entertainment CEO Mike Morhaime. All reviews posted anonymously by Blizzard Entertainment employees.