Blizzard Entertainment

www.blizzard.com

Blizzard is a sweat-shop, I feel sorry for anyone that has to work there

Tools Programmer (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsIt's hard to think of any reason to work for a sweat-shop.

ConsOk, so the list:
When they fire people, they don't do it quietly, they send an e-mail to the entire company saying "so-and-so is no longer an employee of Blizzard Entertainment, as with all guests, please escort them at all times when on company property". You've gotta be kidding me! you think that boosts morale? what a joke.

Regarding career development, I asked the lead game designer for WoW about what it would take for me to move from being a tools programmer to a game developer. My problem was I had no experience, and all job requirements say you need at least 2 shipped titles. Guess what his answer was!? He told me "to be quite honest, you'll probably have to leave Blizzard, get some experience else-where, then come back to work here". You've gotta be freakin' kidding me if you consider that career growth, and advancement opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementBlizzard was absolutely the worst place I've worked, and i'm not the only one, take a look at your GM department, you'd be hard-pressed to find one person that doesn't work there anymore say a single good thing about it.

Excellent company with amazing leadership!

Software Developer (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

I have been working at Blizzard Entertainment

Pros: I am extremely proud to work for Blizzard Entertainment. It is an excellent company with amazing leadership. I have never seen a company full… Cons: I am really happy here and can't find any downsides. Advice to Senior Management: You are doing a great job. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

blizzard

I have been working at Blizzard Entertainment

Pros: good company to work for Cons: no cons for blizzard entertainment More
There are newer reviews on Blizzard Entertainment.

Worked for Blizzard Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!