Blizzard Entertainment

www.blizzard.com

Blizzard is a sweat-shop, I feel sorry for anyone that has to work there

Former Employee - Tools Programmer  in  Irvine, CA
Former Employee - Tools Programmer in Irvine, CA

Pros

It's hard to think of any reason to work for a sweat-shop.

Cons

Ok, so the list:
When they fire people, they don't do it quietly, they send an e-mail to the entire company saying "so-and-so is no longer an employee of Blizzard Entertainment, as with all guests, please escort them at all times when on company property". You've gotta be kidding me! you think that boosts morale? what a joke.

Regarding career development, I asked the lead game designer for WoW about what it would take for me to move from being a tools programmer to a game developer. My problem was I had no experience, and all job requirements say you need at least 2 shipped titles. Guess what his answer was!? He told me "to be quite honest, you'll probably have to leave Blizzard, get some experience else-where, then come back to work here". You've gotta be freakin' kidding me if you consider that career growth, and advancement opportunities.

Blizzard was absolutely the worst place I've worked, and i'm not the only one, take a look at your GM department, you'd be hard-pressed to find one person that doesn't work there anymore say a single good thing about it.

Other reviews for Blizzard Entertainment

Excellent company with amazing leadership!

Current Employee - Software Developer  in  Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Irvine, CA

Pros

I am extremely proud to work for Blizzard Entertainment.

It is an excellent company with amazing leadership. I have never seen a company full of so many wonderful and talented people. The company treats employees extremely well and encourages career development. You are expected to do your best and adhere to the standards of Blizzard quality.

Blizzard quality - the devotion to the the concept still amazes me every day. Everyone in the company is doing his/her best to produce the best gaming experience. It is truly amazing and brings out the best in people.

Overall, it is a demanding but fun company to work for.

Cons

I am really happy here and can't find any downsides.

You are doing a great job.

Great work enviroment

Current Employee - Senior Game Master  in  Cork (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Senior Game Master in Cork (Ireland)

Pros

Great people working here, very relaxed and friendly work environment. Managers truly care about employees happiness and development.

Cons

Salary is a bit low, getting promoted earns you almost nothing.

A lot of people with great skill, potential and education well beyond their current positions in this company. People stay because they love the company. However, in the end, due to very limited career opportunities and low salary with advancement, many of the best people feel "stuck" and leave the company after a few years to join the competition.

There are newer employer reviews for Blizzard Entertainment.

Worked for Blizzard Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!