Blockbuster

www.blockbuster.com

Great start when I began, now a lackluster situation that gets you nowhere after a while.

Store Manager (Former Employee)

ProsFreedom to create "your" workplace, build your own team and make a financial difference to a company. I worked for this company for 12 years working in every aspect on a district level and have to say there are some great things this company gave me during my tenure there.

ConsThe company has been ravaged by corporate misdeeds and possible corruption of past CEO's (especially those who fit the model of "failing upwards" and then squeezing the company for a payout in the millions for terrible decisions and motivations). I truly believed I would be working for this company for years to come but after numerous proposals and ideas being ignored or shot down (even when I garnered support for marketing in the local media, etc.) Blockbuster is currently being led down a path of self-destruction. DISH Network was thought to be a good fit but instead I feel they will cannabalize what's left for their profit structure and use the name only for future business needs. This is truly one example of a company that should have succeeded with technology but instead showcases a true example of corporate greed, injustice and possible fraud issues that should be investiogated. I am so sad to report the last 12 years of my life would have been spent better off working for a company that has been consistently ok with profits rather than this tyrannical company that bleeds their employees of every last drop.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is nothing to save this company at this point so any input now, from this long-time employee, would be pointless. Good luck on your future job hunts (to those who deserve it).

A Once Great Company Now Headed Toward Closure

I have been working at Blockbuster

Pros: Work / Life balance was ok if you had a… Cons: Constantly under pressure to achieve unrealistic revenue targets and sales metrics. Constant failure to rate and review management equally...it was all about who the… Advice to Senior Management: My advice would be to replace the leadership at Blockbuster and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

great

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Blockbuster

Pros: flexibility for school and college internships Cons: have to work all holidays no rotation between workers More
There are newer reviews on Blockbuster.

Worked for Blockbuster? Contribute to the Community!