Blockbuster
www.blockbuster.com Englewood, CO 5000+ Employees

Poor Budget Planning

Store Manager (Former Employee)
San Jose, CA

ProsFun environment, creativity a plus, high paying at management level, paid lunches and breaks if skipped due to heavy customer volume.

ConsPoor upper management, terrible district human resource practices, waste budget money on high paying leads in store but have no reserve hours to have more than 2 employees in store at a given time.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's too bad that they went out of business but Blockbuster was not quick enough to evolve and create a product the customer wanted. I am sad to see the stores go and I hope in the future there will still be stores available with rental movies available at a dollar or two dollars a day with a staff full of employees.

Good resume filler

Shift Lead (Former Employee)
    Kansas City, MO

I worked at Blockbuster

Pros: Benefits like movie rentals, discounts, pre-screening, etc. Flexible work schedule. Multiple duties so work doesn't… Cons: Rules were not followed by management and employees alike. Shift leads often forced to work 8… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

fun place to work, but company will eventually close most, if not all store locations.

Store Manager (Current Employee)
    Charleston, WV

I have been working at Blockbuster

Pros: fun, free movies, customers mostly friendly and pleasant. Cons: Closing many locations, no advancement beyond store level, due to… Advice to Senior Management: Start looking for new career. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Blockbuster.

Worked for Blockbuster? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Blockbuster reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Blockbuster CEO Michael Kelly. All reviews posted anonymously by Blockbuster employees.