Blockbuster

www.blockbuster.com

Working at Blockbuster was often very frustrating but I was lucky enough to have amazing coworkers and great regulars.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)

ProsWorking at Blockbuster teaches you a lot about dealing with all types of customers from all walks of life (not to mention you meet some really interesting people) and challenges you to really understand the needs of your customer in order to better serve them.

ConsThe approach to sales can often feel overly pushy and as a result you will have to deal with a lot of negative feedback. Also, policies change frequently which means you spend a lot of time memorizing new sets of rules and limitations.

Advice to Senior ManagementLess module training and more one-on-one time with experienced retailers, better incentives for employees and simplified "cheat sheets" regarding new offers and policies so the customers don't receive inaccurate information. Also, DOS is a really wretched operating system for retail.

Great learning experience

Store Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Blockbuster full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Free Movies! Compensation (SM level & up) Awesome co-workers Loyal customers Cons: Company's Inability to keep up with the times Work / Life… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your Store Managers - they are the ones dealing with the business day-to-day. Many of your SMs are there… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Blockbuster Video is now partnered with DISH Network. It is a very sales driven environment but is very rewarding.

Store Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Blockbuster full-time

Pros: Great perks, spiffs and commissions. Fantastic environment, fun surroundings… Cons: Long, irregular hours. Dealing with employee misbehavior and deceit.… Advice to Senior Management: The alphabetizing system is horrible. We've gotten a lot… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Blockbuster.

Worked for Blockbuster? Contribute to the Community!