Blockbuster
www.blockbuster.com Englewood, CO 5000+ Employees

Was once a great company, but is now a place of stress and misery.

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)
Portland, OR

ProsWide variety of customers, free rentals and fun co-workers.

ConsNot allowed to use hard earned PTO, no breaks for managers, working alone for whole shifts, constantly being reminded by your district manager that you're replaceable, and high pressure sales.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis advice is for the people at the top who make the rules, not the store managers. This company is no longer about customer service. The reason people choose to come to BBV instead of a box or the internet is for human interaction. Give more hours to the stores so they can better serve what precious few customers are left. Treat your employees with respect. Happy employees = Happy customers.

always saying one thing, but changing it last minute.

Shift Manager (Current Employee)
    San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Blockbuster part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: 10 free rentals a week, with a 10 day grace… Cons: customers always get irate when movies were checked out. sorry the movies not here but the worlds not ending. hard to move up not… Advice to Senior Management: good luck staying open, selling dish is stupid, you should change the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

What could have been...

Store Manager (Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

I worked at Blockbuster full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Got to talk about movies Repeat/old customers become second family Pay/Benefits good… Cons: Too many business models-new CEO or VP would change business model, stay 2-4 years, new one would arrive and change it, stay 2-4 years, new… Advice to Senior Management: Too Late No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Blockbuster.

Worked for Blockbuster? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Blockbuster reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Blockbuster CEO Michael Kelly. All reviews posted anonymously by Blockbuster employees.