Blockbuster
www.blockbuster.com Englewood, CO 5000+ Employees

Fun Job With Many Loyal Customers and Lots of Perks.

Store Manager (Former Employee)
Memphis, TN

ProsRelaxed environment, lots of freedom to run the store as you choose. You got to watch movies all day, and rent new releases before they were released. Many loyal customers who became friends.

ConsRelatively low pay. Lack of business towards the end, coupled with home office's unwillingness to change their business model. Franchise went under.

I wanted to sell movies, not Dish....

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Ypsilanti, MI

I worked at Blockbuster part-time for less than a year

Pros: Co-workers are nice, consistent scheduling, meeting people, learn about movies. Cons: 7am meetings on Sunday, pushing Dish network, being asked to work… Advice to Senior Management: Please get a consistent manager Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

It all depends on who you work for

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Seattle, WA

I worked at Blockbuster part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: FREE MOVIES! flexible hours and fun environment. you get to… Cons: Its all who you work under. I worked 1.5 years at a prime Seattle store under a great manager and two sweet shift leads, and… Advice to Senior Management: Dish/Blockbuster: get you head out of your butts and realize that you are the LAST in person video company left. You have no idea how… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Blockbuster.

Worked for Blockbuster? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Blockbuster reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Blockbuster CEO Michael Kelly. All reviews posted anonymously by Blockbuster employees.