Blockbuster
www.blockbuster.com Englewood, CO 5000+ Employees

Decent perks and minimum wage

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Oceanside, CA

ProsGenerally had more free rentals than I knew what to do with, and I got to talk about games and movies for works.

ConsNever went above minimum wage, and your experience is really going to be determined more on whether you get a good manager(s) more than anything else. Also, got terminated pretty suddenly when the store I worked at closed, with pretty much no explanation as to why I wasn't able to be transferred to another location.

Advice to Senior ManagementSales goals seemed way too driven towards snack foods with movies. I'd rather the bigger focus been finding movies for people that they're going to enjoy, and based on what they've enjoyed in the past, giving them good suggestions for the next movies they watch.

Fun Job With Many Loyal Customers and Lots of Perks.

Store Manager (Former Employee)
    Memphis, TN

I worked at Blockbuster full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Relaxed environment, lots of freedom to run the store as you choose. You got to watch… Cons: Relatively low pay. Lack of business towards the end, coupled with… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

I wanted to sell movies, not Dish....

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Ypsilanti, MI

I worked at Blockbuster part-time for less than a year

Pros: Co-workers are nice, consistent scheduling, meeting people, learn about movies. Cons: 7am meetings on Sunday, pushing Dish network, being asked to work… Advice to Senior Management: Please get a consistent manager Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Blockbuster.

Worked for Blockbuster? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Blockbuster reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Blockbuster CEO Michael Kelly. All reviews posted anonymously by Blockbuster employees.